Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Go big or go small

PandahFish

Recognized member
Credits
Whenever you start a new Forum do you like to add only a few forums in ? Or do you like to expand your forum out quickly and add a lot of forums so your members have more to post in?

Advertisement Placeholder
I would start with broader categories and then branch out as needed. I don't like it when I create a bunch of sub-forums and then only get a couple posts in one but tons in a different category.

Its always good to start small, when you have to many forums you have to keep in mind that someone needs to fill up these extra forums with content. That's when you need a giant user base, I would recommend starting small than expanding on as the number of members of your forum increments. This way, for sure, someone will fill up the empty sub-forums.

Its always good to start small, when you have to many forums you have to keep in mind that someone needs to fill up these extra forums with content. That's when you need a giant user base, I would recommend starting small than expanding on as the number of members of your forum increments. This way, for sure, someone will fill up the empty sub-forums.
I completely agree. I did this with my general discussion forum and our activity in the forums was really high! And then I expanded to more forums and our activity was still high :p

I prefer to have enough sections so that members will not have any problem to write posts. If any section is missing, members can contact me and I will add that section.

I myself start with the basic categories and allow members to come in and post away on what interests them. Once we have a fair amount of posts I can then establish if any other forums would be good to add in to give members an area to discuss something that seems to be discussed a lot I will then add that in to give those posts an area of their own. I feel if you open with too many categories when you are still very new it can be off putting for guests and new members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds