Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Getting members to accept ads?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
What do you think is the best way to get members to accept adverts on a forum? I love how WebGurubb has a revenue sharing system for members for it's adsense ads. Are there other ways?

Advertisement Placeholder
Good question. If you decide to put ads on your site, there is no really other option but for the members to accept them. That is if you atleast put a decent number and not fill the entire site. Otherwise They would leave :p

Another way is to have the option for users to buy premium upgrades for small fees that would remove the ads. People do tend to do this to also help support your site in turn of an ad free experience.

Good question. If you decide to put ads on your site, there is no really other option but for the members to accept them. That is if you atleast put a decent number and not fill the entire site. Otherwise They would leave :p

Another way is to have the option for users to buy premium upgrades for small fees that would remove the ads. People do tend to do this to also help support your site in turn of an ad free experience.

A premium membership is definitely a good idea. What annoys me is that sites, such as ForumPromotion, openly have senior members using adblock on the forum. I believe that is pretty selfish... I also suspect that people may not be tempted to buy Premium for ad removal because of adblockers..

A premium membership is definitely a good idea. What annoys me is that sites, such as ForumPromotion, openly have senior members using adblock on the forum. I believe that is pretty selfish... I also suspect that people may not be tempted to buy Premium for ad removal because of adblockers..

That is why you also offer other premium options for those who opt in for it :p

I actually have one of my sites that only even has one ad on it anyways but has a lot of useful information on it make sure people who have ad block cant get in. If they want to see the site they have to turn their ad block off.

That is why you also offer other premium options for those who opt in for it :p

I actually have one of my sites that only even has one ad on it anyways but has a lot of useful information on it make sure people who have ad block cant get in. If they want to see the site they have to turn their ad block off.

Most people don't like you to force them to turn off adblock...

Most people don't like you to force them to turn off adblock...

Well shoot, looks like we are in a situation here aren't we. I don't like the fact they use adblock, but they use it anyways? So if they don't like the fact that one of my sites force them to not use it to access the site then why should I not bother doing so?

The point of the matter is, It is up to them if they want to see the content of the site or not. I don't care if the site makes users turn around. The site is not there to get users. its their to be helpful towards people. In fact, its even in the web master niche, so if it is web masters who are going to the site, and they have adblock, why would I let them on my site.

If they want to continue going to the site for free, then they have no choice. It's my website, and it is up to me on what content goes on it, and how it is displayed. If I don't want to let users who don't give a damn to support the website developer, then they will no be allowed on a resource webmaster website. And if it is a webmaster themselves who is wanting to access it, then they should be ashamed lol.

Its not like I don't it to force the ads on the users, I only have 1 ad on the entire site. thats it. Its just the principle.

Well shoot, looks like we are in a situation here aren't we. I don't like the fact they use adblock, but they use it anyways? So if they don't like the fact that one of my sites force them to not use it to access the site then why should I not bother doing so?

The point of the matter is, It is up to them if they want to see the content of the site or not. I don't care if the site makes users turn around. The site is not there to get users. its their to be helpful towards people. In fact, its even in the web master niche, so if it is web masters who are going to the site, and they have adblock, why would I let them on my site.

If they want to continue going to the site for free, then they have no choice. It's my website, and it is up to me on what content goes on it, and how it is displayed. If I don't want to let users who don't give a damn to support the website developer, then they will no be allowed on a resource webmaster website. And if it is a webmaster themselves who is wanting to access it, then they should be ashamed lol.

Its not like I don't it to force the ads on the users, I only have 1 ad on the entire site. thats it. Its just the principle.

I was just making a statement and I agree with you. But you'd be surprised how upset people get when you force them to do something like turn off Adblock. Also, the people who do whitelist you on Adblock still wont click your ads!

I was just making a statement and I agree with you. But you'd be surprised how upset people get when you force them to do something like turn off Adblock. Also, the people who do whitelist you on Adblock still wont click your ads!

Like I said though, Its not their to get users to go to the site. Its there for information purposes. So if users get mad, and leave. then they have all right to do so. Their are other sites out there :p

Like I said though, Its not their to get users to go to the site. Its there for information purposes. So if users get mad, and leave. then they have all right to do so. Their are other sites out there :p

True, and I understand your point. Still, I've thought of blocking people with adblock installed but I've been advised by so many people not to do so and I'm too much of a puss to go through with it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds