Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Getting a lift from your boss?

Credits
Have you ever had the pleasure of being given a lift by your boss? I had an experience one time which was the last thing I was expecting. I closed from work and came out in a store to buy something, I did know my boss drove up the ramp, saw me and parked. When I walked out from the store, he offered me a lift. It was a very good gesture from him.

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever had the pleasure of being given a lift by your boss? I had an experience one time which was the last thing I was expecting. I closed from work and came out in a store to buy something, I did know my boss drove up the ramp, saw me and parked. When I walked out from the store, he offered me a lift. It was a very good gesture from him.

There are many bosses who may understand this. This is why they may offer lift in case if you are doing overtime in the workplace. You may stay up late at work and at that point you may have a really hard time going home due to a lack of availability of transportation service during those hours. So, it all depends.

I have not, but a few of my bosses were known to give lifts to some of the employees in the past, especially ones that live near them. If I lived near a boss, I'd try to get in on their work commute. :D

I can't say myself I have ever been offered a lift by my boss but I do know people that have. Sometimes it is a kind gesture they make out of work especially if they see you do not have any transport.

I have found that some bosses also want to be able to socialize with their colleagues out of work as well and something like a small gesture like this can help break the ice.

I can't say myself I have ever been offered a lift by my boss but I do know people that have. Sometimes it is a kind gesture they make out of work especially if they see you do not have any transport.

I have found that some bosses also want to be able to socialize with their colleagues out of work as well and something like a small gesture like this can help break the ice.

It was indeed a very good gesture that I never expected to get from my boss and after that day, I started seeing him differently from the way I used to view him when it comes to the well he associates with his workers. He was indeed a very nice person.

It was indeed a very good gesture that I never expected to get from my boss and after that day, I started seeing him differently from the way I used to view him when it comes to the well he associates with his workers. He was indeed a very nice person.

Well, the fact of the matter remains that many people may not be comfortable with getting a lift by the boss. However, if the boss is a trustworthy person, then I think that there should be no problem with that. It all depends on the personality of the boss.

I've never had a lift from my boss. He doesn't do such kind of favors to any of his worker and I'm not expecting it from him. There are some times when he would drive past me when we have closed office, I won't do as if I knew him and he going my own way.

Well, the fact of the matter remains that many people may not be comfortable with getting a lift by the boss. However, if the boss is a trustworthy person, then I think that there should be no problem with that. It all depends on the personality of the boss.

Well, there's a chance that's going to happen with some workers especially those who are not comfortable with being in a close proximity with their boss. So, being in the same car with them will make it so uncomfortable for them that they will decline the lift with some reasons that won't spook their bosses.

Well, I had been in just the opposite situation. I gave it to my boss a couple of times. Actually, I did not offer the lift myself, he was the one who asked for it.

I am very close to my boss and there are times that he has given me lift when I was going to some places. He is a nice man when it comes to that and not someone that will ignore a staff when he sees them walking to somewhere. I wouldn't know whether he gives other staff a lift though.

I am very close to my boss and there are times that he has given me lift when I was going to some places. He is a nice man when it comes to that and not someone that will ignore a staff when he sees them walking to somewhere. I wouldn't know whether he gives other staff a lift though.

It's always a very good feeling when you have a boss who's humane. This is going to make it very easy for him to get along with all of his workers. As long as your workers are well dedicated and committed to doing their jobs, you as a boss should show signs of appreciation apart from paying their salaries.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds