Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum Signatures

Advertisement Placeholder
I do tend to look at them, yes. I always find if you can make the signatures bold, out there, and interesting the more people will see them, show an interest in them and even click them. I don't always join every advertised forum, but I do take a look if I feel it would interest me when I see a link in a signature.

I personally have signatures turned off, since it tends to just lead to a big advertisement/backlink area (I've thought about forcing nofollow on the links in the signature space to avoid this). I've even had some communities where people got around the pixel limit on images and just had these huge scrollable banners in their signature which made posts with them hard to read through at some points.

I personally have signatures turned off, since it tends to just lead to a big advertisement/backlink area (I've thought about forcing nofollow on the links in the signature space to avoid this). I've even had some communities where people got around the pixel limit on images and just had these huge scrollable banners in their signature which made posts with them hard to read through at some points.
How do you handle community cross promotion then?

I like signatures not just to see what interesting things could be in them but also because to me they give some personality to posts beyond just the way someone writes. On sites that lack signatures I tend to find posts start to blur together and individual users don't stand out as much to me.

I must be very honest with you when it comes to looking at forum signatures, I don't check them out most of the time unless it's one of a forum owner that I know very well, then I will be forced to look into it once in a while. There's no doubt about it being one of best ways to promote one's forum. It's why it's used by most forum owners across any forum that allows it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds