Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum Signatures

jyy

Renowned member
Credits
Forum signatures can be awesome for traffic, but perhaps they could also give a small boost to SEO. Anyway, I do know that phpBB signatures are do-follow, not sure about with other software. Therefore, do you think it's worth the trouble?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do indeed find them worth the efforts. Even if that means that a basic text based one. However I would commission a banner when your business/community can afford to have one made.

If you are a member of a forum and you are well known within the community, then I’d say advertising in your signature is definitely well worth it. As far as simply adding an advertisement to your signature on every forum you happen to register on, I don’t see much benefit to that.

On the negative side, some find signatures distracting and annoying. However, though, as with non-.com domains, it seems to be a subjective matter.

However I would commission a banner when your business/community can afford to have one made.

There is some debate as to whether text signatures are better than banner ones. Why might someone choose a particular side?

On the negative side, some find signatures distracting and annoying. However, though, as with non-.com domains, it seems to be a subjective matter.

There is some debate as to whether text signatures are better than banner ones. Why might someone choose a particular side?

I believe people prefer banners as it more "eye catching" and "professional looking" than a text counterpart.

Text and/or small image banners are fine with me. I do agree the larger ones can be distracting and annoying at times - especially the .GIF's. :eek:

I see different opinions exist on the topic of annoying. However, what does the majority think - or is it something like 50/50? Anyway, knowing some real stats would be useful.

From the forum owner perspective, when it comes to webmaster forums, I don't mind them. However, commercialization on say, music performance ones (I have one.) would be irritating - because I don't see them as commercial, unlike the webmaster ones.

Anyway, when it comes to non-commercial sigs on an arts-related forum, probably it wouldn't be a big deal.

From the forum owner perspective, when it comes to webmaster forums, I don't mind them. However, commercialization on say, music performance ones (I have one.) would be irritating - because I don't see them as commercial, unlike the webmaster ones.

Anyway, when it comes to non-commercial sigs on an arts-related forum, probably it wouldn't be a big deal.

In that case I would restrict them to be non distributing (like maybe like text only or something). Because I get it, in some places having banners isn't really appropriate. But a text or something shouldn't be too "destructive".

In that case I would restrict them to be non distributing (like maybe like text only or something). Because I get it, in some places having banners isn't really appropriate. But a text or something shouldn't be too "destructive".

I suppose it's a subjective thing - dependent on the forum owner. I mean, what one likes, another doesn't. There doesn't seem to be anything definite.

I say that it does help for SEO, it gives that extra boost of traffic. But there are allot that never even click on the link or banner. I tend to see all sigs but never click on them unless I have to.

Is it worth the trouble? well if you put allot into it then yeah! might get good results yet again maybe not

It might not be your primary traffic but for the time and efforts or costs involved it worth it even winning a few visitors.

It might not be your primary traffic but for the time and efforts or costs involved it worth it even winning a few visitors.
ON another site I have like 18,000 posts and each has my banner in my sig. Does it help? well I had like under 10 clicks if I was lucky.

Yet again another website can be different. On another way less content yet more little traffic with two sign ups. It can go up and down and left to right

ON another site I have like 18,000 posts and each has my banner in my sig. Does it help? well I had like under 10 clicks if I was lucky.

Yet again another website can be different. On another way less content yet more little traffic with two sign ups. It can go up and down and left to right

Exactly it more on the type of site (from both ends), the content posted, and so on.

Concerning what @Empire was saying, I'd agree many won't click. In that case, a lot of it is artwork for fun. However, what's wrong with that? :weary:

I tend to include my site in signatures where I think it is appropriate, but I don't do it on every website.

I have heard that sometimes Google can derank sites that have too many links on forums. Does anyone know more about that?

I completely agree with this post. If the design is nice, minimalist, eye-catching, etc, I will click on it. Even if I have no idea what is being advertised.

I'd say I am the exact opposite. I ignore 99% of advertisements I come across in signatures on forums that I am on. The only ones that I don't ignore are the signatures of people that I am buddies with.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds