Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum Posting is Good or Bad for a website

Advertisement Placeholder
As in posting on other forums? It isn't going to be the miracle cure for SEO rankings, but backlinks never hurt and the essentially free promotion is always nice. I can't say that I would join a forum I disliked and suffer through posting just to get my link out as there are much better options.

Yes, forum posting is the best way to create powerful backlinks for our website.This also help in to promote our brand( satta matka)
sattamatka
Only problem.... many forums have links in their threads shown as nofollow, which kills the backlink attempts that occur when using one or multiple links to a site in a post.

simple fact is... by default, XF links in posts are no-follow.... so spamming them links in posts ultimately do no good to gain search engine tracking.
I agree.

At one time, getting backlinks on a forum might had been "possible" but essentially the abuse of doing that has made most links 'No Follow'. I don't even offer guest bloggers a do follow link on my blog. Their contribution isn't meant to be a backlink generator.

It's a poor way to get links depending on a forum to spam for those links. You should be on a forum to be a part of that community otherwise, why waste a membership?

I didn't realise that most forums default to nofollow links! I've been considering biting my tongue and joining some other cycling forums to post, and have my forum in my signature. Sounds like it's be far better to not to bother and spend my time posting in my own, where I like to the most! :)

I didn't realise that most forums default to nofollow links! I've been considering biting my tongue and joining some other cycling forums to post, and have my forum in my signature. Sounds like it's be far better to not to bother and spend my time posting in my own, where I like to the most! :)
Oh, you can still get traffic that way... and possibly piss an admin off. Happened to me over on Cloudy Nights... seems that users over there were coming over to my site and then went back and commented that my site had such & such features, and why couldn't they have that there..... got a "nasty mail" from staff asking me to remove my site from my sig... so I did.
Now, instead of posting images there, I frequently simply link to my site images in the post, just like they do with flickr and such. Think that's known as malicious compliance. I found that I'm getting even more visits from there.

Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 12.12.19 PM.png

Oh, you can still get traffic that way... and possibly piss an admin off. Happened to me over on Cloudy Nights... seems that users over there were coming over to my site and then went back and commented that my site had such & such features, and why couldn't they have that there..... got a "nasty mail" from staff asking me to remove my site from my sig... so I did.
Now, instead of posting images there, I frequently simply link to my site images in the post, just like they do with flickr and such. Think that's known as malicious compliance. I found that I'm getting even more visits from there.
That's a great story. Rather than improve their own product, they just attack the competitor. I sort of understand it, but at the same time I often think that these large forums will stay large just by inertia - having other forums isn't going to hurt, and many will visit multiple in the same niche.

As a side note - I'm a lurker on your forum. I never know what to post or reply, so just thought I'd say here that I love the images. Always puts life in perspective seeing billions of stars (and worlds) in one image :)

sort of understand it, but at the same time I often think that these large forums will stay large just by inertia - having other forums isn't going to hurt, and many will visit multiple in the same niche.
The REAL "joke" that tells the difference in attitude... I have a link directory on my site... guess what's in it and who put it there almost a year ago?

Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 3.31.50 PM.png

It's a difference in philosophy... they are "supported" by a business... folks going elsewhere "takes business away"... but once more the real irony is their store that supports them is also listed in my LD Vendor area.
It's simply a difference in philosophy... I rather get the data out to users and will refer them to another site if it has more knowledge.

The REAL "joke" that tells the difference in attitude... I have a link directory on my site... guess what's in it and who put it there almost a year ago?

View attachment 143

It's a difference in philosophy... they are "supported" by a business... folks going elsewhere "takes business away"... but once more the real irony is their store that supports them is also listed in my LD Vendor area.
It's simply a difference in philosophy... I rather get the data out to users and will refer them to another site if it has more knowledge.

That's pretty crazy really. They're more then welcome to take some of your traffic, but refuse to let people go in the other direction. Some healthy competition is always good, and their behaviour really comes across as hostile and like they're trying to 'stamp on' anyone who might even remotely threaten them. That's there problem though, I suppose, not yours! :)

I tend to put links to my sites in my signature on forums that I am active on and I find that does help a lot with increasing backlinks and also getting new members as well from time to time.

It doesn't hurt to use the signature area to place links back to your site but I would only advise you do it on forums you are active on regularly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds