Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum or Blog?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Which one did you choose when starting your last project and why?

I personally choose a blog because it allowed me to reach more people in my audience area. I found that most people I was targeting didn't really like/know how to use forums and many just wanted to read the info, and then slunk away, thus I used a blog!

What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I love forums, they are just more social , more communication is going on than on a blog :D
Thats why I have only a few blogs and many forums :D

Which one did you choose when starting your last project and why?

I personally choose a blog because it allowed me to reach more people in my audience area. I found that most people I was targeting didn't really like/know how to use forums and many just wanted to read the info, and then slunk away, thus I used a blog!

What about you?
I started off with blogs to be frank. And my last project was also a blog. I love blogs, it's all about creativity and easy administration. Forums are tough, and you will have to close it down if no one is being active. Another reason is blog helps me make money unlike forums. Earning from forums is pretty difficult imo.

I started off with blogs to be frank. And my last project was also a blog. I love blogs, it's all about creativity and easy administration. Forums are tough, and you will have to close it down if no one is being active. Another reason is blog helps me make money unlike forums. Earning from forums is pretty difficult imo.

Well, how would you compare your earnings from say, running TNC to running WGBB when you did? Is TNC earning more than you did here?

I see your point however, I would say blogs are more easier to monetize than forums.

I think I have earned a lot more from TNC compared with almost all my other online works with a few exceptions.

Well that's a good plus point for blogs, haha. What do you think it is about blogs that makes it easier then? :p

You don't have to manage anything but your own posts lol. I mean you don't have to worry about what other people might post or promote etc if you have set manual comment approval.

You don't have to manage anything but your own posts lol. I mean you don't have to worry about what other people might post or promote etc if you have set manual comment approval.

I meant in terms of monetizing the blog but I suppose that's a good answer as well, haha. I love being able to just focus on my content and not bothering what members thing If I'm honest!

Ive always been a bigger fan of forums, im not to keen on writing articles. Forums are more social anyways and I enjoy interacting with the members that visit my site. I dont think I can engage people enough to stay if I was running a blog.

Ive always been a bigger fan of forums, im not to keen on writing articles. Forums are more social anyways and I enjoy interacting with the members that visit my site. I dont think I can engage people enough to stay if I was running a blog.

It is certainly more difficult to engage with members. You don't really know who your frequent readers are. People don't often leave comments on blogs either....

I think creating a forum would be a mistake. Build traffic and reputation and then create a forum. IMO
Blog +1 :allsmiles:

I prefer forums because they let me talk to others, which is what I like doing anyway. However, forum ownership can be a pain as they are hard to monetize or earn money from. On the other hand, blogs are easy to create, post to and make money from. So I will likely go with blogs for my chosen form.

Forums, just suits my needs better, and I have always loved them. Thing with forums though, there hard to advertise since there are so many. I know the sad truth

Blogs are a good way to promote your business online. They can help spread the news with recent updates and it is also beneficial for SEO as they get indexed faster in search engines.

I have worked on both sites before but would think that for me I would want a forum. I just like them better as I feel that more people contribute to them.

I like forums but it is harder than blogs. On blogs, you create the post yourself; on forums, you need other peoples to post on your website. You need them to succeed; with blogs, you need commenter but only readers are required.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds