Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum Network

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
What are the benefits of running multiple forums? Is it best to run a network of similar forums or in a diverse range of topics? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
At the moment I only run one forum which pretty much covers all kinds of genres so I have not as of yet needed to create another forum to run however I have had ideas for forums that I would at a later date like to create which are not covered on my forum and also an idea for one area that I would like to cover more extensively on a new forum but as of yet I have not found the time to be able to work on a new project.

I think it might be better to start off with running only one forum, and then if you want each forum to have it's own separate theme/niche, you could then start separating them.

Isn't that what Reddit pretty much is? A network of forums..

Hmm. I was more meaning a bunch of forums connected together but in different niches. For example. A person called Shawn used to have a network of another....forum sites: AnotherAdminForum, AnotherGeneralForum etc.

I have visited many sites which are administrated by the CEO of a network. Generally, forums ,which are supported by a network, are more professional and they have a better design. I have never owned a forum which was a part of a network, so I do not have any experience to share with you.

What are the benefits of running multiple forums? Is it best to run a network of similar forums or in a diverse range of topics? :)
Generally if it is a legit network, there will probably be more marketing and campaign options for the individual forum. There also seems to be more pool of funds to help put the forum out there. Joining Networks usually consist of a different number of factors. Depending on the type of network you are joining, it just all depends if it is right for the forum or the site.

Most sites out there do good on their own without joining a network. Joining networks can usually tend to get more traffic and user activity if the network has a pool of funds. Thus, the network usually getting a % in the revenue from the site.

The link connection and having something different to work on.
For example I couldnt work only on one forum, I would get bored really fast. Thats why I own 2 forums + 1 in the making :D
The benefits are that if you have one active community, and you are famous for creating good forums, you can lure the active members of your old forum to the new one :D
If you heard of forumpromotion you know the admin Fergal, well he did it that way, he has a lot of sites I think, but the main 3 I know are BAF, ForumPromotion and ForumCoin the newest, so he put links into the first to sites and offered something in return for the users if they join forumcoin and post around. This made his forum insta-popular and gave it 2k posts in a week or so :D

Well I guess it would be much much easier to earn money as you would have multiple forums plus you could also advertise it throughout your sites.

Well I guess it would be much much easier to earn money as you would have multiple forums plus you could also advertise it throughout your sites.

Even if you are not the owner of the network.
Even if you compare it to networks that operate Youtube channels. The license and have several other people join their networks.

Forum networks could work the same.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds