Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum HoneyPot for collecting data for Anti-Piracy

Advertisement Placeholder
I hate when people do that. Its like police selling weed to catch the people who use it!
That doesn't make the world a better place.

Ah but I would imagine it is very effective. It makes people fearful of being caught... :) Ultimately if you can't police laws then they are useless...

Ah but I would imagine it is very effective. It makes people fearful of being caught... :) Ultimately if you can't police laws then they are useless...
Its effective yes, but its unethical too. Also projects like this happen to collect innocent users' data too. What about their privacy.
To be frank I never use file uploading services for uploading pirated stuffs. So how would I feel to know my ip and other details have been in the hands of these people? I really would be pissed at it.

+

a web forum designed to attract individuals who like to make money from uploading files to file-hosting sites.
He was basically promoting piracy to make money and then use the data he got from this to earn more. It's genius, but so unethical.

He's absolutely retarded for admitting to something like this. Why would you admit to collecting peoples data when there's even the slightest chance of a hacker being in that group. If you go to torrentfreak, a ton of people are posting the dudes information in the comments. Obviously, there's no way to confirm if the information they are posting is actually correct ... but still. You don't admit to people that you are harvesting their information ... that's stupid.

He's absolutely retarded for admitting to something like this. Why would you admit to collecting peoples data when there's even the slightest chance of a hacker being in that group. If you go to torrentfreak, a ton of people are posting the dudes information in the comments. Obviously, there's no way to confirm if the information they are posting is actually correct ... but still. You don't admit to people that you are harvesting their information ... that's stupid.

15 mins of fame. Like all hackers, everyone wants credit for what they did. Hackers think of them selves like artists. They always sign their work of what they did. Even if its hidden, it is there.
Same goes for him. He wants to take credit and let everyone know he was able to do what he did. Still stupid yes :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds