Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Focus on the present or plan for the future?

Debashis

Service Manager
Administrator
Do you think it's more important to focus on the present moment or plan for the future? How do you strike a balance between the two, and how has your perspective on this balance evolved over time? Additionally, how do you ensure that you are making the most of the present while still working towards your long-term goals?

I think both are important!

Plan for the future, but be aware that things are always changing and evolving, so adaptability is key. In other words, don't put all your eggs into one basket / plan.

At the same time, be mindful of the present and don't ignore what's in front of you right now. All we ever have is the present!

Eckhart Tolle does a better job explaining these concepts and this reminds me I need to catch up on his stuff 😄

I think I tend to focus on the present more than the future, but I agree that both are equally important. The present is where your life is currently situated, so focusing on it can sometimes bring in less worry/stress than always focusing on what's to come. The future, on the other hand, can be important to plan for so you have goals in mind for what you want to accomplish or how you want your life to try and turn out.

I tend to focus more on the present than the future myself, though it's probably best to focus on both at the same time. My spouse on the other hand tends to focus on the future more than the present and I often have to be the voice of reason to help ground them if they get overwhelmed and anxious about the future. I should try to focus more on the future, but it's hard to think too far ahead lol.

I make decisions keeping it's impact (both negative as well as positive) on my future. I try to make decisions in such a way that the probability of my future being good due to these decisions remains very high. That's how I balance my focus on the present and plans for the future.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds