Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Flying is still the safest way to travel

MrPanos

Renowned member
Credits
Not only are airplanes continuously getting safer, they are also the least dangerous way to get to your destination. Everyday activities from walking to driving are still considerably more lethal.

Last year, an MIT statistics professor determined that the death risk for passengers of commercial airlines is one in 45 million flights. According to The New York Times, a traveler could fly every day for 123,000 years and still be safe.

Although travel fatality statistics are represented in a variety of formats, commercial airlines are the safest mode of transport any way you look at it.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/flying-is-still-the-safest-way-to-travel-2013-7

Are you afraid of airplanes? What's your favourite commercial airline?

This thread is for you @mop8899 !

4yPg9sg.png

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I have always had a fear of planes, it's the feeling that you're not in control and you have to trust the pilot with your life that I hate about the whole thing.

Well, I have always had a fear of planes, it's the feeling that you're not in control and you have to trust the pilot with your life that I hate about the whole thing.
Eh but they're trained professionals and if they mess up even a bit their career could be on the line

So you're afraid of heights? Also I think standard cruising altitude is 30,000-37,000 that's what happened today.

Well, not so much heights just the feeling of being in an enclosed area for so and so time at 30,000 ft in the air. Yea it is 30-37,000 range.

I hate flying. I never been up in the air. I got in a small commercial plane once and ended up having to stop the plane and get off.

Flying is still the safest way to travel

Source : Website

Welcome to Americas Travel. Travel can turn out to be a bother if we waste too much time choosing a destination or price comparison. Now please give us these cumbersome procedures.

See the Americas through online integration of the North American local high-quality tourism resources, carefully selected each travel suppliers, each travel products, from product development, to the late service, so you do not need to bother to travel at ease.

By looking at the Americas Web site, you can intelligently search, select, order the necessary tourism products and services, so as to maximize meet different needs.

I agree with you.

We are pretty much at the hands of pilot. If pilot messes up and plane crashes, every single passenger is likely to die.

In an automobile, passengers still have some control. If break fails or something, you can still get out of the door and be saved.

Well, not so much heights just the feeling of being in an enclosed area for so and so time at 30,000 ft in the air. Yea it is 30-37,000 range.
Yeah depending on the aircraft type your looking between 35000ft and 39000ft and above 40000ft for Jumbos travelling trans-atalantic routes.

As a pilot in training and private pilot, I can assure everyone of you that the pilots are trained with the utmost skill, courses are generally very long (And costly :p) and test the skills of the pilots to the max to ensure they understand every event which may occur. Emergency Drills such as engine fires, loss of power, depressurisation and water landings are regularly practiced so even if something "bad" happened, the pilots would be able to land safely.

Additionally, it may be nice to note that most modern planes have limiters to stop extreme bank (Turning) or pitch (Up/Down) to keep the limits comfortable for passengers

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds