Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Financial Investments

Advertisement Placeholder
Definitely invest!! Depending on your age is how you need to determine which type of investments you should make and how aggressively you should go about doing it. My husband and I started in our early 20s and although I thought that was too young, it was actually the perfect age. We started off with mutual funds, besides whatever our work invested in for retirement funds. We had some CDs as well, and they varied in time length from a year to 4 years. The returns, well, the mutual funds you have to see as long term and there were years we made a bundle and then we'd lose most of it the following year. That's tough to swallow.

I need to do more financial investing. I've been doing better lately at eating at home, but ever since I started working I've been a sucker for eating out and this is where most of my money has gone. It's expensive to eat out nowadays. Sometimes when I get some extra money I may also see something I want to have and blow my money on it. I need better self-control when it comes to money. I guess my brain thinks that since I live with my parents with minimal bills to pay that I don't necessarily need that much money, but you always need a cushion of funds because you never know what the future holds.

I have started a CDs, but it is short term to start out with as we prepare to buy a house. I also invested a bit into treasury bonds which I've heard usually don't have big losses. I'm excited and I keep an eye on it on my app daily because I like watching the number go up, up, then down, then up... lol It's been interesting!

I would like to invest in stock, but I told the advisor, I'm just a bit more cautious about that part for now since I'm wanting to buy a home and everything with this money.

Single stocks and crypto are very, very risky investments. However, things like S&P Index Funds and long term mutual funds historically perform very well. All my investments are substantially down right now, but the annualized average return of the S&P 500 is over 11% since it’s inception, so I’ll take that.

Do any of you have any financial investments, have you seen much return? These investments may be stocks, bonds, etc. I'm just now starting my journey and find it all fascinating!
They are the reason I was able to retire at the "ripe" old age of 52. Between my personal investments and my government retirement.... I'm not doing to bad.
I realized when I went into government employ the pay wasn't NEAR what I could make in private industry... but the retirement benefits FAR stripped what private industry provided... I'm not yet 60, yet 100% of my medical is paid for (no co-pays for doctors nor any deductibles for annual medical procedures). And this will continue until I'm put into the cremation furnace.
In addition, we were able to set aside (outside of our government retirement) additional funds...so we are comfortably sitting on about $180K a year income currently. It's more than adequate for our current needs (heck, my 2019 truck has a WHOLE 11,000 miles on it and even if we start using it for travel should last me beyond the point of my driving). ;)
And yes... when we were younger we "did without" to get to that point.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds