Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Feelings about MyBB?

Allenafaith

Renowned member
Credits
I am curious to know what all of you here think of MyBB.

I personally love MyBB. It's a simple software to use and even though it's free and it's not ugly like other forum software's I've used.

The support for MyBB is eh, but there are a lot of tutorials online to teach me how to do things, so I don't have to wait weeks to get a reply from MyBB staff on their forum.

Advertisement Placeholder
I prefer MyBB when it comes to free forum software as I feel it's a good alternative to something like vBulletin or even Xenforo is you do not have the funds to purchase forum software. Compared to other free software I find this one easier to use as an admin and easier to skin and mod to give my forum a more unique look.

MyBB is a great free software. I've used it in the past and had a decent experience.

I think since it's free, it is quite capable. Personally, I happen to like it. I have used it in the past with minimal problems. Let's face it, there is no perfect software.

Is MyBB known to be slower than PhpBB? I'm asking because I ran some test on non-configured instances of both, and PhpBB seemed to perform better at Pingdom and FT Metrix performance tests than MyBB. :confounded:

The test I alluded to in my previous post of ten days ago was based on a version of MyBB that was going through some redirection I had not been aware of. Repeating the same tests without the URL-redirection interference, MyBB performed a bit faster than PhpBB, instead of a lot slower.

I thought it was worth mentioning here! :poutingcat: :screamcat: :joycat: :innocent: :cool:

Edited by replacing "years" by "days" in the first sentence. Not quite the same!

Last edited:
Is MyBB known to be slower than PhpBB? I'm asking because I ran some test on non-configured instances of both, and PhpBB seemed to perform better at Pingdom and FT Metrix performance tests than MyBB.

There's a lot of performance options you can enable and tweak after you have it setup.

As for Support, MyBB has a great support team and people tend to forget it's a free software that they're paying for out-of-pocket. Support isn't at an arm's reach the entire time.

MyBB is a great software with pros and cons just like all the rest, it's always been my first choice when it comes down to forum software.

I use MyBB forum software from many years and still using it but I close my forum for new registration or new post because it can't handle spam and most of plugins does not support new version otherwise mybb forum is a really good.

myBB is a close number one to phpBB in terms of use. It's a fantastic software that allows anyone who does or doesn't already have forum administration knowledge work it.

I use MyBB forum software from many years and still using it but I close my forum for new registration or new post because it can't handle spam and most of plugins does not support new version otherwise mybb forum is a really good.

Enable stop forum spam in your ACP Settings and throw up Cloudflare.

I have a similar setup on a forum I run and haven't had any bots get through yet.

I have both MyBB and XenForo forums. I like MyBB more because I've used it continuously for the past 6 or 7 years. I like XenForo too, but all the features I barely ever find myself using. XenForo has some nice out of the box features, just not my cup of tea honestly.

MyBB has a huge following of developers so something's always happening. MyBB is my favorite forum software. I've tried IP.BOARD, XenForo and a few others but none compare to MyBB.

Clearly the #1 open source project. Developers are swarming in on MyBB and communities in IPB, XenForo and vBulletin are outdated.

IMO

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds