Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Favourite Forum Software

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
What do you consider your favourite and why?

I would say I prefer Mybb because in my opinion you can customize it and get the same benefits as Xenforo AND it's free. If you were to spend the same amount buying a Xenforo license on contests and other promotion, you'd have a quite active forum going...

Advertisement Placeholder
I simply love xenforo. For me its almost a perfect forum software. Pretty light on the server, great look and feel, out of the box seo, and more.

BTW I am a SMF & MyBB fan too. imo there are a lot to improve on both softwares. In SMF the update cycle and in MyBB the ACP, overall look and feel etc! :)

I simply love xenforo. For me its almost a perfect forum software. Pretty light on the server, great look and feel, out of the box seo, and more.

BTW I am a SMF & MyBB fan too. imo there are a lot to improve on both softwares. In SMF the update cycle and in MyBB the ACP, overall look and feel etc! :)

I think Mybb comes close to Xenforo in terms of functionality but it's design needs a LOT of improvement!

SMF fan here I love it but the SMF 2.0.2 i s a bit unstable which made me a bit angry and wanting to get a paid software like XenForo :D

XenForo is my new favorite, followed by IP.Board. And I also like MyBB a little.

--Sent from Tapatalk

I've used vBulletin, xenForo, IPB and phpBB and I have to say I personally prefer xenForo. It's easy to customize, create add-ons and it does what I need, ;). I like MyBB themes but I've never attempted to create a MyBB style so I can't compare it to other forum software. All in all, xenForo is my favourite, otherwise I'd be using a different forum software for my latest forum, :)

IPB, most experience I've had with a forum other than IF and ZB. These XenForo and MyBB forums are all sort of new to me. Not the fact that I've never been on one before but because I've never made one.

XF! When I first discovered XF I was a bit weary and thought it would fail like a few others, but after a month or two I really began to fall in love with it. I see it EVERYWHERE now.

I'm starting to like XF the best, just because it seems pretty user friendly. That and it isn't soooo different from other softwares where it just feels weird. Plus the themes are purdy sweet.

For paid; vBulletin.
I had a lot of experience with it and the customization abilities were amazing.
For free; myBB.
I love it and it's the best option I believe for free scripts.
phpBB is good too, but honestly the struggles I had learning how to customize it were too much for me to ever go back to it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds