Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Fall From Gracie, is it worth a redemption

Sinistra

Renowned member
Website
www.anime-insight.net
Credits
back in the early 2000s I was an admin, well the Tech Admin of one of I would assume one of the biggest anime communities online at the time. around 2005 we had over 15,000 members and a good following. but this site saw some dark times. The owner who had a love for amine decided to sale the site. he ended up on digital point and ended up sailing the site for a substantial amount. All of us thinking that this dude had a love for anime as all of us did, we accepted the change. He comes in and starts putting ads all over the site. and I mean EVERYWHERE there wasn't a spot on this site that you could not go and see ads unless it was the admin CP. Over the next few months we had a staff upheaval where unfortunately I was demoted and after that I decided to start my own site. Watching over the site with a few of my fellow members that helped me start my own site. We started to see a decrees in member activity. Come to find out the new owner had sold the site to another one of these ad everywhere people. At this point Facebook started to become a very popular site.

Over the next few years I have tried to bring the site back but with the domain being WAY out of my price range. I have had to do off beat names to see if I could draw anyone in. So I guess my question is. Would it be worth the time, effort and money to even give the site a redemption. or seeing as its already dead should I just strive to do something better?

Or do you think sites like this should not exist to begin with I think he called ad for profit.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think I wouldn't worry about replicating the name/domain. It likely isn't worth it in the end to replicate it, however if you want to replicate the idea of the forum I think that could be worth while. I would give it a fresh spin and use a name that would rank high in SEO. If you have communication with some of the old staff/members that's all you'll likely need to get it restarted!

If the domain is too expensive I wouldn't worry about trying to purchase it. If you let your friends know about your current site you could get some activity. For example PGen98 decided to bring back the Game Winners forum, though she didn't use the game winners domain name. She was able to get a good chunk of the old member base to join the new community too. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds