Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Facebook’s metaverse will ‘misfire,’ says Vitalik Buterin

AJBot

Hi, I'm a bot
Administrator
Website
admin-junkies.com
Credits
Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin doesnt believe that any of the existing attempts by corporations to create a Metaverse are “going anywhere,” pointing to Meta as being one he believes will “misfire.” Responding to a tweet from Dialectic co-founder Dean Eigenmann, who believes venture capitalists may be wrong about what constitutes an ideal metaverse, Buterin said that while he believes “The metaverse is going to happen,” he doesn’t think any of the current attempts fro ...

Continue reading the above news article, by clicking here.

Administration and Moderation NOTE: A Reminder, the above news is provided for free, through a RSS Feed. The above quote does NOT include the full story. In order to continue to read more past what is quoted, please click through to the article, by clicking on the link provided above through the "continue reading" text.

Please be sensible and follow our terms of service and rules, when replying and debating the news article.

Advertisement Placeholder
That is his opinion. Things look like they are going right for the Metaverse though, and with the introduction of cryptocurrency Metaverse Coins and how they exploded, this has drawn attention to it.

It's possible that this will bring into the circle those who will make it a reality.

I have mixed feelings about the whole metaverse thing. On one hand, it's cool to see how technology is evolving, but I think we're becoming overly dependent on it. I want to walk in a real store, to feel sunshine, to smell flowers, not to just do everything virtually from my house and never leave. I think it could be cool for work opportunities, but I really think they should stick with virtual reality video games only, not real life.

We have to understand that everything that has to do with the metaverse is something that is just noise at the moment. It is also something that is very expensive to start and maintain.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds