Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

F.C.C Repeals Net Neutrality Rules

ChrisG2010

Reputable member
Credits
The Federal Communications Commission voted on Thursday to dismantle landmark rules regulating the businesses that connect consumers to the internet, granting broadband companies the power to potentially reshape Americans’ online experiences.The agency scrapped the so-called net neutrality regulations that prohibited broadband providers from blocking websites or charging for higher-quality service or certain content. The federal government will also no longer regulate high-speed internet delivery as if it were a utility, like phone service.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/technology/net-neutrality-repeal-vote.html

Advertisement Placeholder
It shouldn't be over just yet as you can still get Congress to over throw this I seen. So if we act I think we can still preserve the internet before it hit the fans for "good".
I watched the livestream yesterday until they cut it off on facebook. I suppose they didn't want it broadcasted for the final vote.

I don't see this going well if Congress doesn't stop it..

I watched the livestream yesterday until they cut it off on facebook. I suppose they didn't want it broadcasted for the final vote.

I don't see this going well if Congress doesn't stop it..

Me either so the best thing we can do at this point in time to let them know that we don't like this. Then in theory they should follow us. But the government is sadly known to do the exact opposite. :(

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds