Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever work with a spouse at the same job?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever worked the same job with your spouse? I saw there was a topic discussing people hiring their spouses, but what if you ended up working together with your spouse at the same job? Would you be able to do that? I don't know if I would, but I think it'd be cool to work with a spouse given the chance. But I don't think my future girlfriend wherever she may be, would be interested in working the same job. What about you?

Or maybe you met your spouse working the same job?

Advertisement Placeholder
I can't do this no matter how exciting some people will make it look. Working with my partner at the same workplace is a source of big distraction that I am not going to deal with. I mean I can't even date anyone that is working in the same firm no matter how homely that she is talk more of when she thinks we can now work long-term in the same place.

Have you ever worked the same job with your spouse? I saw there was a topic discussing people hiring their spouses, but what if you ended up working together with your spouse at the same job? Would you be able to do that? I don't know if I would, but I think it'd be cool to work with a spouse given the chance. But I don't think my future girlfriend wherever she may be, would be interested in working the same job. What about you?

Or maybe you met your spouse working the same job?
I can't do this no matter how exciting some people will make it look. Working with my partner at the same workplace is a source of big distraction that I am not going to deal with. I mean I can't even date anyone that is working in the same firm no matter how homely that she is talk more of when she thinks we can now work long-term in the same place.

I can understand the viewpoint. I would also be quite reluctant to work with someone with whom I have form a relationship. I do not like to mix up my professional life with my personal life and it is much wiser to separate them if you want to work and gain success. This is my viewpoint. other may view it quite differently and I respect that opinion as well.

Well, my spouse and I have different careers, so this is not going to happen, however, I do like to believe that I am perfectly ok with my spouse working in the same company. I do not see any problems in working together with my spouse.

No, my spouse isn't working in the same company with me. Relationship isn't allowed in my workplace. If you wany do get married to a fallow staff, one of you will have to resign from the work. This is how strict the company is against relationships at work.

I have never worked with a girlfriend/spouse in the same job, I think this would put more pressure on me, a friend of mine worked as a waiter with his girlfriend and the fact of seeing each other both at work and at home 24 hours a day made the relationship wear out and therefore the relationship broke down, worst of all, after the breakup they continued to work together for a while.

I have never worked with a girlfriend/spouse in the same job, I think this would put more pressure on me, a friend of mine worked as a waiter with his girlfriend and the fact of seeing each other both at work and at home 24 hours a day made the relationship wear out and therefore the relationship broke down, worst of all, after the breakup they continued to work together for a while.
Yes, I will feel more pressure with having to work with my spouse or girlfriend in the same company. I wouldn't have my own space again. We stay in the same house and will still take it to work. It's going to be like we are stalking each other. I will not be comfortable with this kind of arrangement.

I don't want to work in the same place as my spouse as employees. I would prefer we had those parts of our lives separately. A break from each other sort of. However, I do not mind at all running a business with them. We've been successful at that in the past.

My spouse and I used to work together at Walmart. We did a good job there, our relationship never interfered our work but once they were at their wits end they quit and well I quit alongside them. I was there for six years and never was recognized for my 5 year anniversary and I kept dealing with the same crap over and over again so it was bound to happen eventually even if my spouse didn't work for me. Plus we only worked together for a few months and that's it really.

I have not worked with my spouse on the same job at the same time and the reason why we have not been able to do this kind of a thing is because we both have different carriers that is going to be impossible for us to be employed by the same company to work together. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable working in the same company with her because of the risk that's involved. What will happen when both of us get sacked at once because the company wants to downsize their staff?

I have not worked with my spouse on the same job at the same time and the reason why we have not been able to do this kind of a thing is because we both have different carriers that is going to be impossible for us to be employed by the same company to work together. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable working in the same company with her because of the risk that's involved. What will happen when both of us get sacked at once because the company wants to downsize their staff?

I think that in many cases, it may not be allowed to form relationships where you work. I once applied for a job at a supermarket and the manager in there told me to never make friends in there. This was a kind of awkward thing. When you interact with other people at the same place, you tend to make new friends.

I think that in many cases, it may not be allowed to form relationships where you work. I once applied for a job at a supermarket and the manager in there told me to never make friends in there. This was a kind of awkward thing. When you interact with other people at the same place, you tend to make new friends.

Most businesses that are very strict when it comes to allowing relationship to go on within their workers always believe that it is something that is going to affect your work productivity. They try to prevent it from the beginning and it's the reason why they have a strong policy against it. It's actually very understandable because relationship can actually be very manipulative.

Most businesses that are very strict when it comes to allowing relationship to go on within their workers always believe that it is something that is going to affect your work productivity. They try to prevent it from the beginning and it's the reason why they have a strong policy against it. It's actually very understandable because relationship can actually be very manipulative.

This may not be the case all the time. As long as an employee is performing well, I do not think that it would have a really major impact on the job performance. I am quite sure that there are many couples who work in the same kind of organisation. This does not necessarily affect the performance in a bad manner.

This may not be the case all the time. As long as an employee is performing well, I do not think that it would have a really major impact on the job performance. I am quite sure that there are many couples who work in the same kind of organisation. This does not necessarily affect the performance in a bad manner.

If I am to let a couple work on my farm, I will ensure that they are not in the same department. I do not see any reason I should allow couples to stay in the same department since it can affect workflow when they begin to have issues.

If I am to let a couple work on my farm, I will ensure that they are not in the same department. I do not see any reason I should allow couples to stay in the same department since it can affect workflow when they begin to have issues.

This is a very good observation because some people are always carried away whenever they are very close to someone they are in relationship with. This is the reason why most companies are not even open to allowing any kind of relationship to exist in their workplace between their employees.

Yes, indeed! Working together is actually how we fell in love. Sharing the same job allowed us to understand each other's strengths and challenges, fostering a deep connection. It's been an incredible journey collaborating both at work and in our personal lives, creating a unique and strong bond.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds