Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever work while sick? Why?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever chosen to work while sick? I don't usually go to in person work if I'm sick, especially now due to the pandemic. I like to play things as safe as possible and everyone else should too. If you're too sick, stay home. Don't risk it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever chosen to work while sick? I don't usually go to in person work if I'm sick, especially now due to the pandemic. I like to play things as safe as possible and everyone else should too. If you're too sick, stay home. Don't risk it.
I've always felt the same way. If it's an on-site position, there is no need to spread germs all over the place. Other employees will most likely get sick as well, and it just isn't fair - not only to you, (who should be at home resting,) but to everyone else. All it takes is that one stray cough or sneeze 🤧
Or even by touching surfaces. It's so easy to pick up a bug.
And if it's a place of business where you're working behind a counter and dealing with customers 😳 oh boy.

Well, I work from home, so I do not need to go to a particular place. The fact of the matter remains that there are many advantages of working from home. This is why it was a very common way of making money during the pandemic. Is the pandemic still not over in your country?

It's a good practice to take break from work especially when you're sick because stressing yourself can prolong recovery. Take due rest and resume when capable.

Yes, it's good to have some rest, especially when you are sick. But sometimes people have to do work even when they are sick because they have commitments and have to follow deadlines.

It's a good practice to take break from work especially when you're sick because stressing yourself can prolong recovery. Take due rest and resume when capable.

I have worked in a company where they required workers to "ask" for a leave in the Whatsapp group before you could take a leave. Otherwise, they would have had to face bad consequences. You cannot take lengthy breaks without asking for permission first. This is the rule in most of the organisation.

When you're running your own business and you realize that you still have an important task left undone you will want manage yourself to do it even though you're not feel too well. This is what is called passion for your business though it's not advisable.

Sometimes it is needed. We can feel in our body if we cam make it through the day, then we should do what we have to do then. It really depends on the situation.

When you're running your own business and you realize that you still have an important task left undone you will want manage yourself to do it even though you're not feel too well. This is what is called passion for your business though it's not advisable.

I think that it entirely depends on your willpower. There are many people who may not have enough willpower and they may get tired quite too soon. The fact of the matter remains that you may not feel like you need to work when you are not feeling well in the first place.

There is nothing that is going to bring me to the office all in the name of working whenever I am sick. I take my health very seriously in such a way that I am going to get a leave immediately I am sick so that I can be able to take care of myself before returning to work

Actually I haven't done that before but I believe there are alot of people who found themselves into such kind of situations most especially when they have no money to takes care of themselves in the hospital.

In 2020, I tested Corona positive. I wanted to work but I couldn't because I had a chilling fever. However, I managed to check my emails and other important messages once a day. Last year I had dengue, and I was on bed rest for a week, nonetheless, I managed to work at least an hour every day.

There are certain times when I have worked, even when I was sick. This is because I have to fulfil my duties and work harder. However, most of the time, I tend to take rest. this is because if I worked harder and beyond my capacity, then I would make myself suffer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds