Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever volunteer without pay to help a new startup?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Lets say you're eying a new startup and want to help it get off the ground, but the company isn't able to pay anyone yet and is asking for volunteer help. Would you ever work for someone for free to help them get their business going? And then maybe later on they'll pay you for helping out? Or maybe by giving you a stable job with them? What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Lets say you're eying a new startup and want to help it get off the ground, but the company isn't able to pay anyone yet and is asking for volunteer help. Would you ever work for someone for free to help them get their business going? And then maybe later on they'll pay you for helping out? Or maybe by giving you a stable job with them? What do you think?

I've not worked for someone for free to help them get their business going in its early stages. I've not been asked for my assistance by anyone who started a new business. If I'm asked for this and I have the time to help out, I will consider it.

I've not worked for someone for free to help them get their business going in its early stages. I've not been asked for my assistance by anyone who started a new business. If I'm asked for this and I have the time to help out, I will consider it.

Well, I have also never worked for free and I do not think that it makes sense to work for free until or unless you are working for a great cause. This also involves working for different kinds of charity organisations and working to help poor families.

I have not worked for free to help a new start-up get started, however, I have worked for free for friends and family. I have also worked for free for some clients in the hope of securing a high paying job or getting a long term job. Working for free for clients has worked for me a couple of times

I have not worked for free to help a new start-up get started, however, I have worked for free for friends and family. I have also worked for free for some clients in the hope of securing a high paying job or getting a long term job. Working for free for clients has worked for me a couple of times

I did work for a friend that was starting a business back in those days. I felt happy helping out since this was a friend that stood with me when I was having a difficult time in my life too. I have not done it for anyone on the internet though.

Well, I have also never worked for free and I do not think that it makes sense to work for free until or unless you are working for a great cause. This also involves working for different kinds of charity organisations and working to help poor families.

Yes, it doesn't make any sense to work for free. As an adult, you've got bills to pay and from what you make from working that you're going to put in use to pay your bills. If you ask me, this is why most people don't work for free.

Absolutely, I once volunteered without pay to help a new startup. It's a bit like giving them a helping hand in the beginning. I did it for the first two months because I believed in their idea and wanted to support them as they got started. After that, they recognized my contributions and started paying me a salary. It was a great way to be part of something exciting from the very beginning and see it grow.

There are sometimes when working as a volunteer or for free for any project is something that is going to be beneficial for you more than the money that you're going to be paid. But everything is dependent on the value of the knowledge that you can be able to gain from that project. For me, it is the only thing that I consider whenever there is an option for me to work on anyone's project without being paid.

There are sometimes when working as a volunteer or for free for any project is something that is going to be beneficial for you more than the money that you're going to be paid. But everything is dependent on the value of the knowledge that you can be able to gain from that project. For me, it is the only thing that I consider whenever there is an option for me to work on anyone's project without being paid.

This is important. I believe that one should look at the skills that they can acquire working on some projects so as to be able to decide what is right and not right when it comes to the business that they are looking at working for. If the skills are in high demand, why not work there so as to gain the needed support and personal development?

Well, if there is a project that involves charity or welfare of the society, then i think that there could be many people who would be willing to work for that. However, I am quite sure that they will never work for full-time. They may contribute their expertise and time for a limited period.

Well, if there is a project that involves charity or welfare of the society, then i think that there could be many people who would be willing to work for that. However, I am quite sure that they will never work for full-time. They may contribute their expertise and time for a limited period.

There is no way it is going to be convenient for someone to work as a volunteer on a full-time basis on a project that is never going to pay him. This is because there is no way for you to make money that you are going to make use of when it comes to taking care of your responsibilities since there is no payment for anyone who is working as a volunteer.

There is no way it is going to be convenient for someone to work as a volunteer on a full-time basis on a project that is never going to pay him. This is because there is no way for you to make money that you are going to make use of when it comes to taking care of your responsibilities since there is no payment for anyone who is working as a volunteer.

I think that volunteering is a social responsibility and there are many people who are willing to undertake this kind of responsibility for sure. However, in many cases, volunteers may even get paid to contribute. This depends on the kind of volunteering job.

I think that volunteering is a social responsibility and there are many people who are willing to undertake this kind of responsibility for sure. However, in many cases, volunteers may even get paid to contribute. This depends on the kind of volunteering job.

It actually depends on the company that you are volunteering to work for that will make it a social responsibility for the person who is volunteering to do the job. If whatever you are doing in that company doesn't have anything with being socially responsible, I don't think anyone is going to demand any commitment from you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds