Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever volunteer for work just to volunteer?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Some people volunteer as a way to learn and eventually get hired on, but are there any people who ever volunteer for work just to volunteer? Maybe they want to work for free, get some life experience. Or maybe they are put in a work program where they have to volunteer for work. Have you ever volunteered for work just to help out?

Advertisement Placeholder
The most important thing when it comes to deciding to be a volunteer in any kind of company is what your intentions are for working as a volunteer in that company. There are those who get volunteered in order for them to gain experience and also stand opportunity to be hired by the company if there is an opening and there are those who just need the experience in order for them to use it where they are looking forward to working in the future. I will definitely do both of them as long as it is what applies to me.

When I was in college, I wanted to volunteer just for the sake of volunteering. I even contacted the international volunteering organization called Students Partnership Worldwide, however, at the time I contacted them, they were not taking any volunteers. Therefore, I missed a chance of volunteering.

I'm involved in an organized religion, and I volunteer my time and construction skills towards their projects from time to time.

Yes, absolutely! When I was in college, I volunteered for various projects just because I wanted to contribute and make a positive impact. It wasn't about earning anything in return; it was more about giving back to the community and gaining a sense of fulfillment from the experience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds