Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever tell your boss off?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever told your boss off? I have never had to tell one of my bosses off, but I had to tell them I had to quit my work with them before. I don't want to talk about it, but it was time I moved on. I wasn't getting the pay I needed and I didn't see it getting better on the horizon.

Anyway, ever tell a boss off? How did it go?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever told your boss off? I have never had to tell one of my bosses off, but I had to tell them I had to quit my work with them before. I don't want to talk about it, but it was time I moved on. I wasn't getting the pay I needed and I didn't see it getting better on the horizon.

Not sure what you mean by "boss off". Do you mean telling your boss that you wont be able to come to work? Well, I have done that a few times. However, sometimes I never used to tell my boss anything at all because I used to work in a call centre. No one takes such kind of job that seriously.

Not sure what you mean by "boss off". Do you mean telling your boss that you wont be able to come to work? Well, I have done that a few times. However, sometimes I never used to tell my boss anything at all because I used to work in a call centre. No one takes such kind of job that seriously.
Telling your boss off, is essentially yelling at your boss or defending yourself against your boss. Boss in this case being ones employer, or business owner.

I disagree about people not taking call center jobs seriously. The one I worked at was serious. Temp workers could come and go as they please, but if you got hired on you have to take the job serious. And dealing with customers is not fun most of the time.
I have utmost respect for my boss in any situation that sprouts up in the company which is why I will always find a way to talk to him whenever there is something that needs to be reported to him and hear his input on the subject.

I will never disrespect my boss for any reason whatsoever.
What if your boss was disrespecting you?

Telling your boss off, is essentially yelling at your boss or defending yourself against your boss. Boss in this case being ones employer, or business owner.

I disagree about people not taking call center jobs seriously. The one I worked at was serious. Temp workers could come and go as they please, but if you got hired on you have to take the job serious. And dealing with customers is not fun most of the time.

What if your boss was disrespecting you?

Well, I never liked the call centre job at all and there were several reasons for that. The fact of the matter remains that the pay was ridiculous. I was basically working for them for free. This was the main reason why I quite the job. They were demanding more and more and the behaviour was becoming unbearable.

Haha nooo
I'm far too passive-aggressive to do something like that. I would just go about my day, like nothing was wrong, and then never return.
Remember, when you tell someone off, even a boss, you're letting them know that they are important enough to get you upset. And you don't want that.

I have never done that with my boss but once my boss threatened to fire me if I did not comply. I was asked to immediately travel to another town even though it was a weekend. I told him I will travel on Monday and that's when he started to threaten me. I said I quit, I did not return to the job.

I have not done it at all and I am beginning to look at what is going to make me to even consider telling my boss off. That means that I am simply tired of the job and should have quietly asked to leave instead of behaving in such a manner.

I have not done it at all and I am beginning to look at what is going to make me to even consider telling my boss off. That means that I am simply tired of the job and should have quietly asked to leave instead of behaving in such a manner.

Exactly! There is no way you are going to still be interested in keeping your job and you are going to put yourself in a situation where you tell off your boss for any reason whatsoever. This is a clear indication that you don't want to remain on the job anymore and there is no boss that is going to keep you on the job after that kind of incident.

Exactly! There is no way you are going to still be interested in keeping your job and you are going to put yourself in a situation where you tell off your boss for any reason whatsoever. This is a clear indication that you don't want to remain on the job anymore and there is no boss that is going to keep you on the job after that kind of incident.

I have worked in a company that manipulated their employees. There was a time when I had to resign and they were telling me to "serve" the company for free! They were asking me to work for 10 more days and they told me that they won't pay me for that. The fact remained that I already served them for free initially and I told this thing to the human resource department. The good thing is that I am not a part of that company anymore.

It is rare to see a boss who will keep you on a job after you told them off. The odd is definitely low as they will feel like you have busted their ego, as the boss, and won't take it likely with you. So, going that route is always when you feel like you are tired of the job that you are doing.

It is rare to see a boss who will keep you on a job after you told them off. The odd is definitely low as they will feel like you have busted their ego, as the boss, and won't take it likely with you. So, going that route is always when you feel like you are tired of the job that you are doing.

Seriously, it is very difficult for you to see a boss who will keep you on the job after you have had this kind of experience with them. This is because they are going to feel like their self-respect have been disregarded and it is going to be very difficult for you to respect them again.

Oh, boy, have I? I am usually polite, friendly, and positive but don't take this as a weakness.

I had this one manager who did literally nothing but wanted us to do all the work, so me being me, I went to her calmly and she proceeded to raise her voice. I raised my voice back at her because she didn't know me too well and I had to show her. I told her that I was calling the supervisor because she had me messed up though I never called him, only acted like I did.

After that, we became the best of friends and she scheduled me to work with her.

No one liked her and I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt since she took over at the wrong time. But she learned who I was that day and I have no regrets. 😇

Oh, boy, have I? I am usually polite, friendly, and positive but don't take this as a weakness.

I had this one manager who did literally nothing but wanted us to do all the work, so me being me, I went to her calmly and she proceeded to raise her voice. I raised my voice back at her because she didn't know me too well and I had to show her. I told her that I was calling the supervisor because she had me messed up though I never called him, only acted like I did.

After that, we became the best of friends and she scheduled me to work with her.

No one liked her and I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt since she took over at the wrong time. But she learned who I was that day and I have no regrets. 😇

Sometimes, it is actually better for you to stand up for yourself in some situation because this is something that is going to put you in a position to control some certain things that would have been a very serious dent in how you are going to be treated by those whom are supposedly your superior.

With the way you handled her, I believe she knew right on point that she was overstepping her boundaries which might have cost her her job if she didn't retreat from what she was doing.

Sometimes, it is actually better for you to stand up for yourself in some situation because this is something that is going to put you in a position to control some certain things that would have been a very serious dent in how you are going to be treated by those whom are supposedly your superior.

With the way you handled her, I believe she knew right on point that she was overstepping her boundaries which might have cost her her job if she didn't retreat from what she was doing.
I always stand up for myself and encourage others to do so, as well. I know that there are some circumstances as to why people don't but feel so much better when you do.

She knew and she didn't stay there long after that(got sent to another store and eventually fired), so Karma came back on her for everything she had done. She was the absolute worst boss I ever had.

I always stand up for myself and encourage others to do so, as well. I know that there are some circumstances as to why people don't but feel so much better when you do.

She knew and she didn't stay there long after that(got sent to another store and eventually fired), so Karma came back on her for everything she had done. She was the absolute worst boss I ever had.

Everything that she did eventually ended up getting back to her and this is something that she will regret for the rest of her life if she still have conscience. This is because there are some people that no longer have human conscience because they have suppressed it for years which makes them not to feel anything.

No, I've never told my boss off because we haven't been in any arguments since I've been working for the company. He's a nice and respectful man who cares about all his workers. I've never seen him engaged in an arguments with his staffs.

I have worked in a company that manipulated their employees. There was a time when I had to resign and they were telling me to "serve" the company for free! They were asking me to work for 10 more days and they told me that they won't pay me for that. The fact remained that I already served them for free initially and I told this thing to the human resource department. The good thing is that I am not a part of that company anymore.

Unfortunately, I am the kind of person that is not going to be comfortable working for anyone who is going to be interested in manipulating me in any way possible.

The moment I noticed that I am being manipulated, that is definitely going to result in tendering my resignation letter and ending my job immediately.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds