Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever taken over another persons forum?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever taken over another persons forum? Maybe they no longer have the time to focus on it, or they want to move on from it. Or maybe they want to still be a part of it, but want someone else to run it.

I haven't taken over another forum for someone, but I almost did. A forum I managed years ago for someone could have gone to me, but I declined as at the time I got other work and had to move on. I kind of regret not doing it, but I think it was for the best.

If you took over the forum, did the original owner ever ask for it back?

Advertisement Placeholder
One of the forums that I am running these days wasn't created by me, I took it from another person. The person had advertised the forum for sell on Forum Promotion. The forum did not have a lot of content and a lot of members but I was really interested in niche and I got it for a bargain price.

I have never taken over anyone's forum. I haven't been in that situation before and I'm not sure if I would be interested in doing something like that. Although, I would have taken over one forum called Fortnitechatter from the owner if he had wanted me to because his father died and that affected his running of the forum. It's was how the forum died off.

Sort of but not really. I became an admin temporarily on a forum for a friend. The forum ended up getting shut down due to activity levels just falling off.

No, I've not taken over any other person's forum but I wouldn't mind if the opportunity comes up. Forum management is a hobby and job which I enjoy. I've been into webmaster line of work for years. The experience I've gathered helps me whenever I'm managing a forum.

Sort of but not really. I became an admin temporarily on a forum for a friend. The forum ended up getting shut down due to activity levels just falling off.

This is something that usually happens to forums these days because it is actually very difficult for you to grow a forum for it to become successful. When you don't have a very good plan on how to see a forum become successful, there is always a high chance of losing everything on the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds