Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever lose a job for someone else's mistakes?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever lost a job because of someone else's mistakes? Maybe you were blamed for something a coworker did and they won't hear anything from you. I've never dealt with this, but I imagine it happens somewhat often. I would be pretty mad if I got blamed for something done by someone else. What would you do in this scenario?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever lost a job because of someone else's mistakes? Maybe you were blamed for something a coworker did and they won't hear anything from you. I've never dealt with this, but I imagine it happens somewhat often. I would be pretty mad if I got blamed for something done by someone else. What would you do in this scenario?

There are many "customers" who may steal things from the shop and the cashier or the caretaker may be held responsible for that. In many cases, they may be fined or in many extreme cases, they may end up losing their jobs. However, such cases are quite rare. I think that no one deserve to lose their jobs just because someone else committed a crime.

No. I can't take someone's else blames to the extent to losing my job. However, I can take other blames if it can't cost me my job. I don't even think there is any body that can do that.

There are many "customers" who may steal things from the shop and the cashier or the caretaker may be held responsible for that. In many cases, they may be fined or in many extreme cases, they may end up losing their jobs. However, such cases are quite rare. I think that no one deserve to lose their jobs just because someone else committed a crime.
That's the unfortunate thing. Some people are fired because of they allowed it to happen under their watch. Which I think is wrong unless you're a security guard or something. Plus a lot of stores tell you not to go after people stealing as it could result in injury, or worse, death. And stores would rather you let the person go and just have the police deal with it.

I've never lost my job for another person's mistake. I would be pissed and fuming if I were to have this kind of experience and I won't let the person off the hook easily. Getting a good job is difficult and to lose your job for another's fault will be hard to take in.

I've never lost my job for another person's mistake. I would be pissed and fuming if I were to have this kind of experience and I won't let the person off the hook easily. Getting a good job is difficult and to lose your job for another's fault will be hard to take in.
Oh yeah, I would be too. Especially if you have proof you didn't do it, or you try to plead your case. I've never been in a situation like that, but I have always been scared of it happening to me.

I had an ugly experience at my first job. I was the type that wanted to ensure everything works the way that it should be and that cost me the job since I was blamed when items disappeared in the office.

I later found out before I decided to put in a resignation letter, that the stolen items were done by the assistant manager at the office. I had to leave to avoid causing any issues over there.

I will never accept suffering the consequences of another worker's mistake for any reason whatsoever. If those involved in the mistake are being fired and I can prove my case of not being part of it, I will see it to the end. If it involves suing the company for wrongful sack, I will take that route as long as I get justice.

I have never lost any offline jobs, however, I have resigned from many jobs. However, I have lost many online jobs because of someone else mistakes. The problem with online jobs is you can not report anywhere and you will never get justice.

I haven't but I could actually imagine the hurt that would come from that especially in a country like mine where securing a good paying job is almost impossible to do without strong connections. I guess the best thing to do in such situation would be to become an entrepreneur.

It has happened to be before in my previous organization. I helped a colleague to handle his duties while he was away but something went wrong and I was queried instead and took some punishment..

In many cases, you may need to discuss such things with your employer. You employer may fire you because he may mistakenly believe that it is your fault. This may not be the case at all. This is why it is always a better thing to get things clarified in order to avoid such kind of scenario.

In many cases, you may need to discuss such things with your employer. You employer may fire you because he may mistakenly believe that it is your fault. This may not be the case at all. This is why it is always a better thing to get things clarified in order to avoid such kind of scenario.
I will use all avenues available to clear myself with my boss when I'm certain of not being at fault. I know my employer is reasonable, they will understand and reverse their decision to sack me. If they don't, I won't have any choice but to move on.

I will use all avenues available to clear myself with my boss when I'm certain of not being at fault. I know my employer is reasonable, they will understand and reverse their decision to sack me. If they don't, I won't have any choice but to move on.
If you are trying to help someone, make sure you understand all the tasks to be done to a
Always avoid mistakes that could result to sack. I would rather not help than to be sacked by the management..

I thing that employers need to be understanding and this is the only way a person could be able to work in a workplace. An employer must need to deal with employees fairly and I think that this is the only way to build a really healthy workplace. Firing someone for someone's else's mistake is a big mistake in itself.

I thing that employers need to be understanding and this is the only way a person could be able to work in a workplace. An employer must need to deal with employees fairly and I think that this is the only way to build a really healthy workplace. Firing someone for someone's else's mistake is a big mistake in itself.
A lot of them are too quick to judge and generalise on every worker. It's why they will sack everyone working without doing an in depth investigation. It's a worker who doesn't know his or her right would accept the wrong ruling in their decision without challenging it.

I have been suspended from my job before because I helped out a colleague and something went wrong and it was traced back at me. And since then I am always afraid to help out anyone ..

I have never lost any offline jobs, however, I have resigned from many jobs. However, I have lost many online jobs because of someone else mistakes. The problem with online jobs is you can not report anywhere and you will never get justice.

Even if you reported in some platforms, they won't give you the justice which you deserve. I had one case recently and the rule of of the platform was if your scammed of anything above $30, the person will be banned if he failed to comply. I was scammed $35 and they never banned the user. They have me given a useless 5000 forum currency as compensation I can't sell easily without banning the user.

Online platforms are run according to the whims of the owner. I was once blocked on a platform for "trying to verify my account too many times." They had such a tedious system for verifying accounts, yet they blocked me just because I attempted too many times. If you work on online jobs, you will be losing job or income source without doing any mistake.

Even if you reported in some platforms, they won't give you the justice which you deserve. I had one case recently and the rule of of the platform was if your scammed of anything above $30, the person will be banned if he failed to comply. I was scammed $35 and they never banned the user. They have me given a useless 5000 forum currency as compensation I can't sell easily without banning the user.
They did not abide by their own rules and regulations. Why should a member scam another member without a stiff penalty meted on him. That is a high level of injustice in action...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds