Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever have to have serious surgery?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you had to get serious surgery done? Maybe you needed to have something removed, or you got really injured. Have you ever been in for a surgery before? Many years ago I had a tube put into my left ear, as I had suffered many ear infections in my life. Thankfully I don't deal with them anymore, or if I do it's rare. Aside from that, I've had infections cut out by the hospital before, but I was awake for it. Was pretty painful.

Anyway, have any stories about having surgery done?

Advertisement Placeholder
Thankfully, no. The most I have had done was being put under as a teen to check for acid reflux in my stomach. It was a 10 min thing, not a big deal.

Was there ever a time where you had to get serious surgery done? Maybe you needed to have something removed, or you got really injured. Have you ever been in for a surgery before? Many years ago I had a tube put into my left ear, as I had suffered many ear infections in my life. Thankfully I don't deal with them anymore, or if I do it's rare. Aside from that, I've had infections cut out by t
Was there ever a time where you had to get serious surgery done? Maybe you needed to have something removed, or you got really injured. Have you ever been in for a surgery before? Many years ago I had a tube put into my left ear, as I had suffered many ear infections in my life. Thankfully I don't deal with them anymore, or if I do it's rare. Aside from that, I've had infections cut out by the hospital before, but I was awake for it. Was pretty painful.

he hospital before, but I was awake for it. Was pretty painful.

I think it was last year when I was involved in a road traffic accident and suffered a serious injury to my legs. I couldn't walk for some time, and there was a need for surgery.

I have not yet undergone any surgery but my father had undergone coronary artery bypass graft and it was quite traumatic for us till the time he recovered fully and able to ambulate and perform his functions individually without any support.

I am a two time cancer survivor and have had 3 major surgeries to remove those cancers within the span of 5 months. It was hard on my body but I didn't have to have further treatment, so I was very fortunate the cancers were caught early.

I had another surgery last year that went really well and I'm fully recovered now. The hospital where I go to is wonderful and the nurses make you feel as if you're the only patient in the hospital!

I am a two time cancer survivor and have had 3 major surgeries to remove those cancers within the span of 5 months. It was hard on my body but I didn't have to have further treatment, so I was very fortunate the cancers were caught early.

I had another surgery last year that went really well and I'm fully recovered now. The hospital where I go to is wonderful and the nurses make you feel as if you're the only patient in the hospital!

I am happy that you survived those surgeries. I have not had the experience of going under the knife for a serious surgery, but I can imagine how difficult those periods were for you. Cancer is not something that I can wish on an enemy, and hearing that they caught the spread early is wonderful. Hopefully, nothing serious pops up in the future, health wise.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. It was a miserable experience that I would wish on nobody. I ended up throwing up from the anesthesia and I was tasting blood for days afterward. I was in so much pain I could barely chew. Very nasty Christmas present that I would not recommend.

I haven't had any serious surgery since I had known what surgery is. It was a friend of mind that had surgery few years ago, though I was opportuned to watch the video of the surgery

In my whole life, I have had to have serious surgery twice.

My first surgery was an emergency caesarean with my first child due to him being stuck and it possibly being fatal for both myself and my son unless they got him out as soon as possible.

The second surgery I had was back in 2014 when I had to have my gallbladder removed due to gallstones causing me a lot of issues.

No, I haven't had to have surgery yet. The worst was when I was in the hospital for double pneumonia and COVID, and couldn't breathe, eat, or even take care of myself.

It was hard but thankful for being here today or you all would've missed out on all of this awesomeness! 😂

Never had surgery before. However, I've been around to see people very close to me have surgery. And its not something enjoyable that I'd wish on myself. That's based on my experience and the impact of the available healthcare system in my locality.

Never had surgery before. However, I've been around to see people very close to me have surgery. And its not something enjoyable that I'd wish on myself. That's based on my experience and the impact of the available healthcare system in my locality.

My mother was the closest person in my life to get a serious surgery. She suffered from fibroids for years until my family was able to gather the money needed to pay for her surgery. It was a very difficult surgery for her and our family but Thank God that everything came out fine.

My mother was the closest person in my life to get a serious surgery. She suffered from fibroids for years until my family was able to gather the money needed to pay for her surgery. It was a very difficult surgery for her and our family but Thank God that everything came out fine.
My Aunty once had a fibroid surgery too. When I got to her after the surgery and was shown those meaty balls they took from her, I was afraid. Surgery down here is a scary proposition. Some doctors go as far as telling the family of the patient that it's a 50-50 scenario. I pray not to have a close relative go through such again.

My Aunty once had a fibroid surgery too. When I got to her after the surgery and was shown those meaty balls they took from her, I was afraid. Surgery down here is a scary proposition. Some doctors go as far as telling the family of the patient that it's a 50-50 scenario. I pray not to have a close relative go through such again.

Those fibroid meaty balls look very disgusting. The one's that took out from my mother's womb filled a big bowl. It was very nasty because that nearly killed but thank God the plans of the enemy didn't work out. The surgery is definitely very scary. It's not all doctors that carry out the procedure very well.

I never have had any serious surgery, in fact I have not even gone through any minor surgery. However, I have sludge in my gall bladder and the doctor says I need a surgery. I have not encountered any serious issues because of this condition and I am dilly dallying surgery.

No, I've never had any serious injury. I'm careful when I'm engaging in anything that has the propensity of having me hurt. Except for few knife cuts when I'm cooking, I've been free from any kind of injury.

You can say that you've been lucky. It's not everyone who has had injuries that require surgery in the past. we were careless. Some were just victims of circumstances and had to be the ones.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds