Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever had to fire someone for misconduct in the workforce?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you had to fire someone because of misconduct in the workforce? Like they broke the law in the office, did something bad to a co-worker, and so on. Have you ever had to fire someone and report them to the police even?

I thankfully haven't worked with anyone like that or hired anyone like that, but if I did, I would fire them right away. If someone is breaking the law while working for me, they won't last very long working for me.

Advertisement Placeholder
When I was running my forum a few years back now I did have a moderator whom I had to ask to step down due to the fact they were not doing their job properly and were abusing their moderator powers. This was not a practice I liked and I was not happy to have a staff member on the forum who would use their powers in a bid to make life difficult for others on the forum. In terms of any other kind of business, no I have not had to fire anyone for misconduct.

I only work as a manager in a bakery and all of the workers working under me are hardworking workers , though there are time when one of them make mistakes that warrant me to fire him , I just sat him down , told him his mistakes and advuse him to change , and i gave him a second chance .

General misconduct is one of the things that I am not going to consider likely in my business. This is especially when it has to do with corruption or assault as there is no room for that at all.

Well, I can not tolerate or consider misconducts in my business because it has many effects to tell on the business. Business is operated legally and formally so public expects good conduct from business operations, in this process, the objectives of the business would be able to achieve.

I have not been in charge of hiring and firing people in a business organization. But I know people that have been fired for misconduct in a place of work.

I have not been in charge of hiring and firing people in a business organization. But I know people that have been fired for misconduct in a place of work.

I have also never worked in the human resource department at all. Usually the human resource department is responsible for conducting and managing such kind of affairs in the workplace.

There is a staff I had. He has a misunderstanding with the other colleague who was a lady. He hit the girl so hard. I had to call in the police to come and arrest him.

Yes, I have fired a couple of people due to misconduct. Most of these causes were related to substance abuse, smoking, and alcohol drinking., I have also fired people for showing up late for an extended period of time

When I was running my forum a few years back now I did have a moderator whom I had to ask to step down due to the fact they were not doing their job properly and were abusing their moderator powers. This was not a practice I liked and I was not happy to have a staff member on the forum who would use their powers in a bid to make life difficult for others on the forum. In terms of any other kind of business, no I have not had to fire anyone for misconduct.
I have not done this but I think this is the best thing to do because it is not good for us to condone this kind of habit in the workplace. I have also not fired someone though

I have not done this but I think this is the best thing to do because it is not good for us to condone this kind of habit in the workplace. I have also not fired someone though
it is indeed the best thing to do, when someone is trying to create division among your workforce, the best thing to do is to let such worker off your payroll for the greater good of your establishment.

I was forced to fire the first staff I had in my farm. She sold on credit to a customer who was already owing me. Meanwhile, I had instructed her not to sell to anyone till I was around.

I think it depends on the level of seriousness of the matter. If an employee or an organization member has done something that is against the law or can cause damage to their organization's reputation, then firing them is the only option to avoid future problems.

it is indeed the best thing to do, when someone is trying to create division among your workforce, the best thing to do is to let such worker off your payroll for the greater good of your establishment.
This is true. Some people always see it as a bad idea because the worler sometimes lose his work but I do not see it as something bad if it is making your works lag behind.

I have also never worked in the human resource department at all. Usually the human resource department is responsible for conducting and managing such kind of affairs in the workplace.
You're right. The decision to fire an employee for misconduct rest solely on human resources department. When people are misbehaving or they broke a law in business, sacking them should be the last thing to do. Most of the people sacked have families.

I have fired three of my employees for financial misappropriation . It is very necessary to keep tab of the financials of your business so that you would not find yourself to blame.

Firing someone for misconduct at workplaces is necessary . Ultimately, it's important to carry out such activity so that it will not affect the smooth running of the business.

Absolutely yes I have done that before and depending on the situation and I believe if there is any form of misconduct, I will still handle it the same way.

Sometimes the misconduct are not intentional but due to situations.

I have not fired anyone because of misconduct, but this is something that is popular with my boss. I mean he is too good as spotting the right time to send someone parking once he notices that you are not serious with the role that you've been assigned to do at the workplace.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds