Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever get a promotion that was given away?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you were expecting to get a promotion or maybe you were promised said promotion, but then later on, someone else gets the promotion instead of you? This sort of thing hasn't happened to me, but I am aware that it can happen. Sometimes people via tenure gets the deal, sometimes the boss just changes their mind. Has it ever happened to you? Did you ask why they got the promotion when it was promised to you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have limited experience working offline, and I have never experienced such a thing. As an online worker, I have experienced similar things. Well, it is not about promotion but something similar on the line. After promising to award the contract, clients have given it to other people. THis has happened multiple times.

I've never been in a situation where I am supposed to be promoted and something happened along the line and my promotion was either delayed or given to another person and I hope it's something that I'm not going to leave too because I will be so devastated knowing that it was something that was supposed to come to me.

I've never been in a situation where I am supposed to be promoted and something happened along the line and my promotion was either delayed or given to another person and I hope it's something that I'm not going to leave too because I will be so devastated knowing that it was something that was supposed to come to me.

Well, I never worked with the intention of getting promoted in the first place. I have been at a workplace where they were expecting employees to generate sales every day and this is something which is not possible. They offered daily promotions and sales bonus, though.

Well, I wasn't promised to get promoted, but I remember that during my short teaching period, a less qualified teacher was promoted by the administration just because she joined years ago and was quite frank with the administration.

Well, I never worked with the intention of getting promoted in the first place. I have been at a workplace where they were expecting employees to generate sales every day and this is something which is not possible. They offered daily promotions and sales bonus, though.

There's no way I'm going to be working in any company without having a target I want do achieve. If there's an opportunity for me to be promoted, I will work hard towards getting that promotion. Working without having an expectation will leave me in a viod.

Although I haven't experienced this but I really feel pity for anyone who have had this experience personally. As a boss, you really need to be a man of your word and if this promotion is coming as a reward and it's withdrawn, it would demoralize the worker in question.

Well, I wasn't promised to get promoted, but I remember that during my short teaching period, a less qualified teacher was promoted by the administration just because she joined years ago and was quite frank with the administration.

Most companies usually look at the age which one have contributed in the organisation before they make any decision in promoting the staff because they believe that you must have shown the level of loyalty and working for the company which deserves to be compensated. It's not simply because someone have a very high qualification and the person is going to be promoted after few months of working for the company.

There's no way I'm going to be working in any company without having a target I want do achieve. If there's an opportunity for me to be promoted, I will work hard towards getting that promotion. Working without having an expectation will leave me in a viod.

There are many companies that induce the workers to compete with each other. For example, if a person is working in a telemarketing company, then he or she may compete with others. They may try to make more and more sales in order to surpass other co-workers at work.

There are a lot of reasons people will get promoted at the workplace. I don't think it is a big deal since the staff has been frank with the administrator. It is something that I shouldn't bother much since I was a temporary staff there.

Yes, I've had one promotion as a senior staff delayed in where I was working. I was due to get the promotion but for some reason beyond my control as the company's board had a crisis to manage, they put off all promotion for the next 5 months. I had to work wait till the next 5 months before I got promoted.

Yes, I've had one promotion as a senior staff delayed in where I was working. I was due to get the promotion but for some reason beyond my control as the company's board had a crisis to manage, they put off all promotion for the next 5 months. I had to work wait till the next 5 months before I got promoted.

I think that if you are expecting to receive a promotion, then you may feel really sad in case if the promotion is given away to any other person. This happens a lots of times and I think that under such kind of circumstances, a person must talk to the manager or senior.

I think that if you are expecting to receive a promotion, then you may feel really sad in case if the promotion is given away to any other person. This happens a lots of times and I think that under such kind of circumstances, a person must talk to the manager or senior.
I've processed all the paper work which was required/requested for finalise my promotion and official announcement before the company started going through a crisis. I wasn't happy because I would have been paid better as my salary was supposed to be increased after promotion, I had to wait for months before it was done.

Before I got promoted recently, I have had my promotion taken away in the past and given to another person. I didn't let that affect me as I continued working harder and doing the right things that I should do to ensure that the office is growing and getting better. So, one should be careful of how they react to situations going against them sometimes.

There are many companies that induce the workers to compete with each other. For example, if a person is working in a telemarketing company, then he or she may compete with others. They may try to make more and more sales in order to surpass other co-workers at work.

As long as the inducement is something that's done in healthy manner, it's something that should be encouraged because all it's targeted at achieving is bringing improved productivity in the business. Once there's competition within the staff for better productivity, it's the business that enjoys most.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds