Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever forced to give a pet away?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you were forced to give a pet away? Maybe it was because you couldn't afford to take care of it, or your landlord didn't allow pets, or you have too many pets as it is and have to give one away for adoption.

I've never been forced to give a pet away, but we chose to give a pet dog of ours away because we couldn't train him and he was too wired, and would jump on everyone, even myself as a kid and my parents weren't into that risk. But other than that, I never had to get rid of a pet. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Many times through out the years. A lot of rental properties where I live are really anal about it and some of them charge you more on rent (cat or dog fees) if you have animals. So I kept no pets for a very long time.

This happened when I was 10 years old, I had a cat that my mother no longer wanted to stay at home, at that time my heart broke because I loved that cat very much, but in the end, they took her and gave her in adoption, she was the only animal that I was forced to abandon, But I didn't want to.

A very good friend of mine recently caught Crohn's disease. It was actually my first time of hearing about such a disease. He lost one of his legs to the disease. It was when I knew that it's not just an ordinary disease. He's been hospitalized for about 4 months now and he was forced to give up his cats because he can no longer take care of them.

I remember about 6 years ago, I had to give out my Dog to a friend because I was traveling and I knew I wasn't sure when I was coming back so he was happy to have my dog to take care of and I got a new one as I arrived the new place. Though it wasn't easy because I missed my dog during the period I wasn't there but I had no choice

I remember about 6 years ago, I had to give out my Dog to a friend because I was traveling and I knew I wasn't sure when I was coming back so he was happy to have my dog to take care of and I got a new one as I arrived the new place. Though it wasn't easy because I missed my dog during the period I wasn't there but I had no choice

You could have actually had plans to get your old dog back to your new place since you had plans for getting a new dog. It's only going to cost you more on the dog's transportation and have him brought over to your new place. Unless it's going to be 100x too expensive for you to get the dog than buy a new one.

I actually thought about doing that but it was 1000x expensive and I could afford that. So that was what brought the idea of getting a new pet. Now I don't think I can leave this my new pets for any reason. If I want to travel, I go with my pets even though it cost me more

The only time I ever knew that we had to give a pet away was when I was a kid. We had a dog called Ben and unfortunately, it became too much for my mum and dad with them working and also taking care of me and my brothers so they chose to find him a new home and we let him go after ensuring the new home was a loving home.

That was the only time we ever had to let a pet go.

I actually thought about doing that but it was 1000x expensive and I could afford that. So that was what brought the idea of getting a new pet. Now I don't think I can leave this my new pets for any reason. If I want to travel, I go with my pets even though it cost me more

Now, that's very understandable. When it costs you a fortune to bring back your old pet, it's not really worth it. The most important thing is that your pet is in good hands and care where you left him. Getting a new pet was the best way forward in your situation and you took a very good decision.

Yeah. Thanks, but before I got my new pet I really missed my old pet and that was what pushed me to get a new pet and the funny part was that I now loved the new pet more than the old pet, of which I couldn't even think about the old pet

Yeah. Thanks, but before I got my new pet I really missed my old pet and that was what pushed me to get a new pet and the funny part was that I now loved the new pet more than the old pet, of which I couldn't even think about the old pet

Well, that's as it's supposed to be. If you never missed your old pet, it shows that you never had any good connection with the pet. Also being that dogs are lovely creatures, it's going to be very easy for you to fall in love with them. You can never go wrong with a dog pet.

That's true and I think most people don't understand that, but I have a cat that is getting really wild somehow and I am planning to give it out soon. I hope I won't miss Sizz too much like I missed my old pet then

That's true and I think most people don't understand that, but I have a cat that is getting really wild somehow and I am planning to give it out soon. I hope I won't miss Sizz too much like I missed my old pet then

Some people will advice you to release the cat into the wild but don't listen to them. There might be a reason why the cat is becoming wild. What I'm going to suggest is for you to take your cat to the vet for them to look at it. Once they find out what's making the cat at wild, they will take care of the problem.

The only time I ever knew that we had to give a pet away was when I was a kid. We had a dog called Ben and unfortunately, it became too much for my mum and dad with them working and also taking care of me and my brothers so they chose to find him a new home and we let him go after ensuring the new home was a loving home.

That was the only time we ever had to let a pet go.

What you guys did was in the best interest of the dog and it's a very good decision because keeping the dog will only mean not taking very good care of the dog. It's going to be regarded as an inhuman treatment towards an Innocent dog, so it is better to give the dog away to a family who will provide and take care of the dog better than you can.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds