Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever experienced being the 'scapegoat' at the workplace?

Frank

Captain Junkie
Credits
There are times in some businesses where the boss will want to push a staff to work better or improve. Sometimes, this approach can backfire especially when such staff begin to feel like they are being treated as the scapegoat. Have you ever worked in a place where you felt such way around your superiors at the workplace?

Advertisement Placeholder
Being made a scape goat at your workplace is more like being made to take all the blame for what you did and even what you didn't do. I have never felt this way or be treated in the same way at work. I would feel horrible at work should the management put me in this kind of situation. I don't think there's much need to keep working with such company.

For most of my professional life, I have been a freelancer. Even when I was working for companies, I never experienced being a scapegoat. However, I know a lot of people who have been in this situation. In fact, my spouse has become a scapegoat multiple times.

Bosses who makes their workers scapegoat are very wicked and selfish especially when they never did anything to warrant being made the scapegoat. Instead of taking responsibility for what happened in their own businesses and work on fixing it, they are looking for who to throw under the bus. When you're made a scapegoat for what you didn't do, all trust will be lost.

No one wants the blame put on them if they didn't do anything wrong. Any businesses that make you feel like you did wrong, when it wasn't your fault, are some of the worst. If a business throws you under the bus for mistakes they made, or mistakes they can't prove, quit that job, report them, sue them if it got really bad.

No business or workplace should ever treat someone in such a way.

If a business throws you under the bus for mistakes they made, or mistakes they can't prove, quit that job, report them, sue them if it got really bad.
I'm ready to accept all the responsibility and consequences for anything which is a mistake I have done where I work without any complaints. It's my mistake and I will bear the burnt but when it's not my fault in the mistake that occurred, if it's pinned on me, I will never forgive the company. I will quit the job and sue them in the process.

For most of my professional life, I have been a freelancer. Even when I was working for companies, I never experienced being a scapegoat. However, I know a lot of people who have been in this situation. In fact, my spouse has become a scapegoat multiple times.

It can be frustrating knowing that all your efforts at the workplace is never appreciated as you are always been made the scapegoat. No one will respect you when they always notice that the boss is always talking bad about your contribution. There are people that will quit the job that they are doing once they notice this.

It can be frustrating knowing that all your efforts at the workplace is never appreciated as you are always been made the scapegoat. No one will respect you when they always notice that the boss is always talking bad about your contribution. There are people that will quit the job that they are doing once they notice this.

Seriously, I can deal with not having my efforts being appreciate as long as they are paying me for my work and not abuse me at work for any reason whatsoever. Once they abuse, I will sue and leave the job. When they decide to make me a scapegoat for something that I never did, I will drag the company down to the mud and drain them in crisis.

I'm ready to accept all the responsibility and consequences for anything which is a mistake I have done where I work without any complaints. It's my mistake and I will bear the burnt but when it's not my fault in the mistake that occurred, if it's pinned on me, I will never forgive the company. I will quit the job and sue them in the process.

Accepting your mistakes and moving forward is what a wise man always does. We all make mistakes in our lives and we must learn from our mistakes. This is how life offers us many opportunities to rectify ourselves. This not only involves professional life, but this is also important for personal lives as well.

Accepting your mistakes and moving forward is what a wise man always does. We all make mistakes in our lives and we must learn from our mistakes. This is how life offers us many opportunities to rectify ourselves. This not only involves professional life, but this is also important for personal lives as well.
If you accept your own mistakes, it shows that you're ready to learn from it. It's those who never accept their mistake finds it difficult to learn as they never believe the the mistake was their own. It's why if I'm the one at fault in what went wrong in the office, I will own up to it. If I'm being made a scapegoat as a result of that, I will accept it.

No one wants the blame put on them if they didn't do anything wrong. Any businesses that make you feel like you did wrong, when it wasn't your fault, are some of the worst. If a business throws you under the bus for mistakes they made, or mistakes they can't prove, quit that job, report them, sue them if it got really bad.

No business or workplace should ever treat someone in such a way.

Well, there is an incident going on in the football world at Manchester United with winger Jason Sancho claiming that the boss Ten Hag has made him a scapegoat. I just wonder how much he must have endured before deciding to say what he said last weekend.

Well, there is an incident going on in the football world at Manchester United with winger Jason Sancho claiming that the boss Ten Hag has made him a scapegoat. I just wonder how much he must have endured before deciding to say what he said last weekend.

From the information I was able to get with regards to what was happening, it was stated that he was passing through mental problems last season which was the reason why he had to leave the club for a particular period of time before coming back. I believe that his health is something that is actually causing a lot of problem with his performance and the team needs to look into this otherwise it is going to keep affecting his performance.

If you accept your own mistakes, it shows that you're ready to learn from it. It's those who never accept their mistake finds it difficult to learn as they never believe the the mistake was their own. It's why if I'm the one at fault in what went wrong in the office, I will own up to it. If I'm being made a scapegoat as a result of that, I will accept it.

Well, it is always a better thing to identify your mistakes and move on. You have to learn from your mistakes. However, we must remember that accepting mistakes is completely different from being a scapegoat. You can't always be blamed for something you never did.

Well, it is always a better thing to identify your mistakes and move on. You have to learn from your mistakes. However, we must remember that accepting mistakes is completely different from being a scapegoat. You can't always be blamed for something you never did.
If I never did anything and my boss blames me for it without proving it, it's an act which I can't forget or forgive. My boss will make amends for it or lose me as a staff. If I can open a legal case again him, I will pursue it to the end.

I don't know what to call it but I've always been favored everywhere I work. Perhaps it is because I prefer to be prim and proper always. Work is work and I do just that. I do not like to get carried away. As such, I'm never caught lagging behind.

I don't know what to call it but I've always been favored everywhere I work. Perhaps it is because I prefer to be prim and proper always. Work is work and I do just that. I do not like to get carried away. As such, I'm never caught lagging behind.

Whenever you are always of the habit of doing your job exactly when you are supposed to do it without lagging or making excuses for any of them, it is always going to be very difficult for you to fall into any problem or seeing yourself in a situation whereby you are going to be made a scapegoat for something that you did or even something another person did.

I'm not a Manchester United fan but I'm following all the news about them because they are the biggest club in England. All former players of Manchester United are very critical of Jordan Sancho. Roy Keane stated he doesn't look like he trains properly. Babatorv said that he's overestimating his importance in the team.

I'm not a Manchester United fan but I'm following all the news about them because they are the biggest club in England. All former players of Manchester United are very critical of Jordan Sancho. Roy Keane stated he doesn't look like he trains properly. Babatorv said that he's overestimating his importance in the team.

From the information that I've gathered so far, it is very obvious that Jordan Sancho is making plans to leave Manchester United in the January transfer window. This is the reason why he is not interested in fixing up his relationship with the current Manchester United manager.

I am already fed up with whatever that's going on between him and the manager and I need this problem concluded as quickly as possible.

Whenever you are always of the habit of doing your job exactly when you are supposed to do it without lagging or making excuses for any of them, it is always going to be very difficult for you to fall into any problem or seeing yourself in a situation whereby you are going to be made a scapegoat for something that you did or even something another person did.

I think that you made a valid point. A person should always do their jobs diligently and they must not be concerned about what others are doing. They should be held responsible for their own actions. However, there may come certain circumstances where some group of employees may start plotting against you and this could a red flag and a very common thing in many workplaces.

I think that you made a valid point. A person should always do their jobs diligently and they must not be concerned about what others are doing. They should be held responsible for their own actions. However, there may come certain circumstances where some group of employees may start plotting against you and this could a red flag and a very common thing in many workplaces.

The reason why a company employed anyone is for them to carry out a particular task for them and get paid when it is time for them to be paid. In a situation whereby you're not doing this, you are always going to be called in and probably questioned to know the reason why you are not working and if care is not taken, they are most likely going to make you a scapegoat and also terminate your employment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds