Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever donated blood?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to give blood but the last time I got bruised so bad from it (from middle of my upper arm to the middle of my forearm, like a foot-long bruise) that I decided I couldn't do it again.

As far as diseases go, blood is usually screened for disease, and if it's got something it shouldn't have, it might be split up into its components and used for research (e.g. platelets only where there are limits on how much disease they can carry anyway)

I haven't done it yet, but my endocrinologist suggests that I should donate blood every few months. My red blood cell count is high, and she says donating blood will help with that. She also wants me to get a sleep study done too since I might have undiagnosed sleep apena that can cause that too. My spouse used to give blood, but they faint at the sight of blood so they can't give anymore.

Regularly.. in fact earlier today I climbed onto the bus at TSC and did my normal "Power Red" style donation.. downfall is you can't do them as often.

It's been a long time since I gave blood because I was always anemic and couldn't do it. It's embarrassing to get all set up and they do the quick test and you have to walk out because you're anemic :( I can probably donate now, but the places around me have bad reviews where people sign up and are told once they get there that they aren't needed. Weird.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds