Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever deal with a DDoS attack done by just bots?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I don't know if it's possible, but is there a possibility that a ton of bots join a website and end up causing a DDoS attack? I imagine most people that do targeted DDoS attacks will do something like this, but are there ever times where a site mistakenly draws in a ton of bots? Or is it only ever a person sending the bots to the site? I'm just curious if there is a possible threat of that ever happening to a site owner.

Advertisement Placeholder
I once had to deal with DDoS attacks twice on the same site in the interlude of two days. After the first attack, my web host automatically secured my site, but when the second attack came, I had to use Cloudflare. I do not know what caused DDoS, I do not know whether it was a bot or a human.

Yes, of course it's possible for a website to face a DDoS attack orchestrated by a large number of bots. While targeted attacks by individuals occur, unintentional bot influxes can also lead to disruptions. Site owners need a good, strong and healthy security measures to mitigate such threats.

I once had to deal with DDoS attacks twice on the same site in the interlude of two days. After the first attack, my web host automatically secured my site, but when the second attack came, I had to use Cloudflare. I do not know what caused DDoS, I do not know whether it was a bot or a human.
I'm sorry to hear that. I would imagine a human started it, but send bots to your site over and over. That's of course a guess, but I can't imagine they got a ton of people to access the site at once.

Yes, of course it's possible for a website to face a DDoS attack orchestrated by a large number of bots. While targeted attacks by individuals occur, unintentional bot influxes can also lead to disruptions. Site owners need a good, strong and healthy security measures to mitigate such threats.
Exactly. Security is key whenever it comes to ddos attacks. Good security will go a long way in stopping attacks.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds