Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever been scammed by someone on Facebook?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you got scammed by someone on facebook? Maybe it was through the marketplace, or maybe someone sent you an unsolicited message through Facebook. I have thankfully never been scammed, but my mom was nearly scammed out of her Facebook by someone. They were able to get access to her account, but Facebook being the good guys, knew there was something fishy when they noticed a sign-in from Nigeria, as they sent a message asking if my mom wanted to allow this person on. Thankfully we caught that, and I blocked the guys attempt to get in. I then changed her password.

Have you ever been scammed by Facebook? What happened?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never really been scammed by anyone on facebook, but I have received hundreds of unsolicited messages with phishing attempts and strange proposals related to adult content, the latter I have received massively, it seems that Facebook has never acted against this.

I have never really been scammed by anyone on facebook, but I have received hundreds of unsolicited messages with phishing attempts and strange proposals related to adult content, the latter I have received massively, it seems that Facebook has never acted against this.
Happens a lot with Facebook. I've gotten a few messages from people I have never met in my life, and there are times where family will contact me, but I later find out their account was hacked. It's easy to catch, especially if the relative who reached out rarely did or hasn't in years. I see a lot of old Facebook friends who's accounts got hijacked by scammers. Some of them have passed away, so the scammers get to run away with the account. Which sucks, because then they can use the account to scam others. Sad world it is!

Happens a lot with Facebook. I've gotten a few messages from people I have never met in my life, and there are times where family will contact me, but I later find out their account was hacked. It's easy to catch, especially if the relative who reached out rarely did or hasn't in years. I see a lot of old Facebook friends who's accounts got hijacked by scammers. Some of them have passed away, so the scammers get to run away with the account. Which sucks, because then they can use the account to scam others. Sad world it is!
Yes, all this is also happening massively right now on Instagram, whose platform is owned by Facebook as I'm sure you know, they are hacking a lot of normal people's accounts and trying to carry out scams related to cryptocurrencies, forex and others, many of my friends' accounts were hijacked by these scammers and it seems to be proliferating more and more, according to what I was investigating and I think it has to do with downloadable apps from the playstore to see who follows you, who doesn't follow you and all that, than when you access from your instagram account through that app, they steal all the data from your account.

Yeah, I have been scammed by a friend on Facebook. We have known for years as we connected online through Top Eleven Football Manager. It's a Football Manager game we played online. I got Call Of Duty Vanguard and sold it to him. To cut the story short, he was supposed to pay me $60 for the game but he only paid me $30. The game's cost was $99 at the time.

I've never been scammed on Facebook. My personal Facebook account have only my known friends and relatives. If I notice anything suspicious in any of their accounts, maybe they've hacked, I will call the owner to confirm. My business account is only for business, if you're not talking about business, we don't have anything to discuss.

I have received so many uncolicited messages on Facebook, their patterns are always the same so I easily recognise them and block them, they always impersonate people.

I've never been scammed on Facebook. My personal Facebook account have only my known friends and relatives. If I notice anything suspicious in any of their accounts, maybe they've hacked, I will call the owner to confirm. My business account is only for business, if you're not talking about business, we don't have anything to discuss.

I equally do the the same thing with my friends on Facebook because whenever I start receiving messages that I know they wouldn't sent to me, I will know that something is wrong and I'll have to find out if their account has been compromised.

I have received so many uncolicited messages on Facebook, their patterns are always the same so I easily recognise them and block them, they always impersonate people.

This is the reason why I have my account secured with two-factor authentication which makes it very difficult for someone to hack my account and impersonate me trying to scam people online.

I equally do the the same thing with my friends on Facebook because whenever I start receiving messages that I know they wouldn't sent to me, I will know that something is wrong and I'll have to find out if their account has been compromised.
Facebook scammers know it's easier for them to scam those on their hacked accounts friend's list. It's why they are devoting much time in trying to hack older Facebook accounts for their scamming business. It's been working for them and it's why account hack is common now.

There are so many scammers parading themselves on Facebook. But I am always very careful with them. Some of them will pretend to be selling some products you need and ask you for payment before delivery..

I have been scammed on Facebook a couple of times. I bought a digital service but the seller did not deliver. I had done a lot of research before sending the payment and everything looked ok to me. Sadly, all the reviews he had were faked and I was trapped.

I have been scammed on Facebook a couple of times. I bought a digital service but the seller did not deliver. I had done a lot of research before sending the payment and everything looked ok to me. Sadly, all the reviews he had were faked and I was trapped.
See why I hate fake reviews so much and the problem is there's no way you can verify the authenticity of those reviews. If there was a way to doing it, they won't trap you with it. Did you report the Facebook account for scamming you? Did the support take any action against the account?

Facebook scammers know it's easier for them to scam those on their hacked accounts friend's list. It's why they are devoting much time in trying to hack older Facebook accounts for their scamming business. It's been working for them and it's why account hack is common now.

It's definitely human beings that scam people on any social media platforms they use. They are even spreading their scams to dating websites now. I have never heard that a bot scammed anyone, everything is carried out by human schemers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds