Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever been offered a job too good to pass up?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you were offered a job too good to pass up? I don't know if it was a job too good to pass up, but I did work for a couple companies I was really excited about, to the point I thought I'd advance in the world some, but a couple of them didn't fully succeed and I'm was pushed back to square one in some ways. But these days things are much better.

With that being said, if you ever were offered a job you couldn't pass up, how did it work out for you?

Advertisement Placeholder
The only kind of job which I have been offered without even going through the stress of applying for the job is a marketing job. It's something that is very demanding you will not even have rest carrying out the job. I don't normally accept such kind of job after my last experience working as a marketer for one advertising agency company.

The only kind of job which I have been offered without even going through the stress of applying for the job is a marketing job. It's something that is very demanding you will not even have rest carrying out the job. I don't normally accept such kind of job after my last experience working as a marketer for one advertising agency company.

Well, I have applied in a company that was just supposedly "too good". It was a multi-national company and many people believed that it had a good reputation. However, you may never have any idea about a job until or unless you get hired. So, I read reviews and the company had many negative reviews. I attended the training session at the company and it was , indeed, too good to pass up.

For a company to offer you any job which is going to be too good to pass up, you're worth so much with the contribution you're going to bring to the company's business.

If I get this kind of job offer, I will know my worth is priceless. This will make me ask for more pay because they will pay it as they don't have any other good choice.

Well, I have applied in a company that was just supposedly "too good". It was a multi-national company and many people believed that it had a good reputation. However, you may never have any idea about a job until or unless you get hired. So, I read reviews and the company had many negative reviews. I attended the training session at the company and it was , indeed, too good to pass up.
You will always encounter companies with some bad history, usually it's ex-workers who weren't happy for being fired. Negative reviews will come with the terrirory. But, when you checked the reviews, were they on glassdoor? I believe that site is for people to rate employers and companies.

You just have to confirm the reviews that you have read about the company especially when it is coming from their ex-workers because there will always be an aggrieved worker who won't have anything good to say about his or her former employer. So, you need to make sure it is something not given with bias. I believe the best people you can get a good review from which you can trust is from the customers of a company. This is because they're the ones that are going to tell you how the company is actually doing.

I was once offered a job that was too good to pass. I was not only allowed to continue working at my existing job but even allowed to work on my online projects. I was also offered a good salary. However, I quit the job after 17 days because I had a fight with the boss.

I haven't really experienced this. As a freelancer, I have always considered the job I do and the pay that comes with it to be worth it and not above me. Although there might be a tough project, but I'd see it as a challenge for me to become even better.

I am not looking for job at the moment as that is not the angle that I want to take in life. How much are you going to be paying to tie down my freedom? I am currently doing a particular job because it gives me time to focus on building my business and there is no big deal with doing that, but offering me another job aside this will mean that I care less about my personal businesses, if I take the offer.

So, I have not even thought about the amount of money that will be too good to turn down too.

You will always encounter companies with some bad history, usually it's ex-workers who weren't happy for being fired. Negative reviews will come with the terrirory. But, when you checked the reviews, were they on glassdoor? I believe that site is for people to rate employers and companies.

The reviews were on not glassdoor. They were rather found on a YouTube video that was promoting and advertising that particular company. This is why I became cautious about that company and I think that I made a much better decision.

I was once offered a job that was too good to pass. I was not only allowed to continue working at my existing job but even allowed to work on my online projects. I was also offered a good salary. However, I quit the job after 17 days because I had a fight with the boss.
There are some bosses whom are difficult to work with. They will make your life on the job a living hell as there wouldn't be anything good you're contributing to the business. I cannot stay on this kind of punishment too long all because I wanted to work. Why did you fight with your boss?

There are some bosses whom are difficult to work with. They will make your life on the job a living hell as there wouldn't be anything good you're contributing to the business. I cannot stay on this kind of punishment too long all because I wanted to work. Why did you fight with your boss?

There are many way to detect such kind of people. When you meet them for the first time, they show signs of aggression and dominance. This is when you tend to recognise such kind of bosses. I have also encountered such kind of people in my life. However, I have always avoided such kind of people.

There are many way to detect such kind of people. When you meet them for the first time, they show signs of aggression and dominance. This is when you tend to recognise such kind of bosses. I have also encountered such kind of people in my life. However, I have always avoided such kind of people.
If there's any signs of aggression and dominance from my boss within the first few weeks of resuming working for his business, I will not stay working for the business. I would quit the job before push comes to shove. I can apply for job in so many other companies.

If there's any signs of aggression and dominance from my boss within the first few weeks of resuming working for his business, I will not stay working for the business. I would quit the job before push comes to shove. I can apply for job in so many other companies.

I think that there are many companies that offer jobs that may sound too good to be true. Indeed, a person who has gone through all the hardships is the one who may have a better experience working with such kind of companies. This is why it is always recommended to read reviews before you join a company.

I haven't really experienced this. As a freelancer, I have always considered the job I do and the pay that comes with it to be worth it and not above me. Although there might be a tough project, but I'd see it as a challenge for me to become even better.

When a client is offering you something that is far more than what he is supposed to pay for any particular job, it means that that kind of job is something that is going to be very difficult for you to do and if you're not careful, you are going to end up getting into a kind of problem with the client because you are not going to deliver the job the way he wanted it which will cause a problem between both of you.

Was there ever a time where you were offered a job too good to pass up? I don't know if it was a job too good to pass up, but I did work for a couple companies I was really excited about, to the point I thought I'd advance in the world some, but a couple of them didn't fully succeed and I'm was pushed back to square one in some ways. But these days things are much better.

With that being said, if you ever were offered a job you couldn't pass up, how did it work out for you?
It can be a smart professional decision to accept a job offer that is too wonderful to pass up, but it should also fit with your goals, values, and work-life balance. Think about the opportunity's long-term effects and how it fits into your entire career path.

I think that there are many companies that offer jobs that may sound too good to be true. Indeed, a person who has gone through all the hardships is the one who may have a better experience working with such kind of companies. This is why it is always recommended to read reviews before you join a company.

From my experience with working for several companies, I can actually tell you that I've never seen any company that is going to offer you anything that is going to be too good to be true because most companies are always going to be looking out for themselves before they are going to consider their workers. Even if they are looking after their workers, it is going to be something that is not comparable to the benefit they're going to get from you working for them.

I think that if you have the right kind of talent, then you can apply in many different companies. However, this also depends a lot on the kind of talent you possess. This also depends on the experience you may have as well. It depends on you and your self-worth.

When a client is offering you something that is far more than what he is supposed to pay for any particular job, it means that that kind of job is something that is going to be very difficult for you to do and if you're not careful, you are going to end up getting into a kind of problem with the client because you are not going to deliver the job the way he wanted it which will cause a problem between both of you.
A freelancer will be to wise to accept a work he can do and reject the one's he can't without being greedy to accept it and fail to do the job. I've never accepted any work I can't deliver and none of my clients have disputed for a refund because I didn't deliver what he requested for.

A freelancer will be to wise to accept a work he can do and reject the one's he can't without being greedy to accept it and fail to do the job. I've never accepted any work I can't deliver and none of my clients have disputed for a refund because I didn't deliver what he requested for.

Well, certain kind of freelancing jobs could be too good to be true. Having said that, I have seen many websites offering up to $300 per article. The fact of the matter remains that they (freelancers) also require technical expertise in order to make sure that they are qualified enough for the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds