Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever been injured playing sports?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever been injured while playing a sport? Maybe it was professionally or it was just a pickup game of basketball and you landed on your foot wrong. What kind of sports injuries have you had if any? I never got injured playing sports, but I've sprained my ankle just walking once, by stepping on it somehow. Fun times lol.

Advertisement Placeholder
I've dislocated my shoulder once from having an awkward fall when I jumped to head a ball and got pushed. It was very painful and the injury had me sidelined for 3 months before I was healed 100%. After the experience, I stopped going for competitive heading so I don't get pushed.

My ankle have popped out twice while playing football and I can tell you that it's one of the most excruciating pain that you can have while you are playing football. I have also had my knee dislocated once when I bumped into a player with full speed. It was practically what stopped me from playing frequently the way I used to.

If you've ever played a sport, have you ever been injured playing one? I've never really played many sports in my life, so I never had to worry about any injuries. But what about you? Have you ever been injured playing a sport? What kind of sport was it? Did you ever return to playing it? Or was that it for you?

Yes, I have been injured a few times, once it was training in the gym doing bench press I injured my chest for more than 1 month, the next one was practicing handstand, I injured my shoulder for a few weeks and another was my leg playing rugby because a heavy person fell on me, I have had other discomforts but they did not become injuries as such.

I never played sports. Even when I was growing up and my brother and other family members played, I would rather be riding my bike or skateboarding.

I've had a knock a few times but it's nothing too serious. Within a week or max two weeks, I would be alright. If you play football, you will never play all the time without being injured. Professional footballers get injured from training and it can be annoying because you will miss playing competitive matches.

I've had a knock a few times but it's nothing too serious. Within a week or max two weeks, I would be alright. If you play football, you will never play all the time without being injured. Professional footballers get injured from training and it can be annoying because you will miss playing competitive matches.
Likewise me I had gotten some knocks while playing soccer at our local school but it was never serious to stop me from playing. It was my younger brother who had a broken leg while playing in a football competition..

Likewise me I had gotten some knocks while playing soccer at our local school but it was never serious to stop me from playing. It was my younger brother who had a broken leg while playing in a football competition..
I will not play with a knock. It will be aggravated and it's going to become worst. It's why whenever I have a knock while playing, I will take a break for a week and allow others play.

What kind of broken leg injury did your brother have when playing football competition?

I will not play with a knock. It will be aggravated and it's going to become worst. It's why whenever I have a knock while playing, I will take a break for a week and allow others play.

What kind of broken leg injury did your brother have when playing football competition?
He had a compound fracture and that made him to quit soccer. He would have gone professional if not for the injury he sustained. Personally I choose a different career for myself and not sports..

When I was a kid, I used to play football, I mean soccer. I used to play as a goal keeper, despite having a desire to play forward. I once was injured badly while playing football. I was not hospitalized but it took over a week to get well. After that, I stopped playing football.

He had a compound fracture and that made him to quit soccer. He would have gone professional if not for the injury he sustained. Personally I choose a different career for myself and not sports..
Injuries have destroyed a lot of footballers careers. Sad, your brother couldn't live his dream of becoming a professional football as a result of the compound fracture leg injury. I guess it's a similar injury to what Luke Shaw had in Manchester United.

Injuries have destroyed a lot of footballers careers. Sad, your brother couldn't live his dream of becoming a professional football as a result of the compound fracture leg injury. I guess it's a similar injury to what Luke Shaw had in Manchester United.
It could be so devastating to find out that you longer can play the game you like playing due to injury. My brother has found another career he is pursing after the incident that happened with his injury..

I have been injured when playing a sport in the past. I remember when I was a kid, I used to play outside on the front where we lived and I would play football with my friends outside.

One particular summer, I was playing and the grass was a bit long as it had not been cut yet and me running and playing football, I did not realize that there was a brick in the grass and I stepped on it and went over twisting my ankle pretty badly. My mum took me to the hospital and luckily I had only bruised the bone and only had to rest up for 2 weeks but it was scary thinking at first I had broken my ankle.

Safe to say I no longer play football in the long grass!

It could be so devastating to find out that you longer can play the game you like playing due to injury. My brother has found another career he is pursing after the incident that happened with his injury..
There's no way he can be back into playing football with the kind of injury he sustained unless he had access to highly advanced medical care like they have in UK or any other countries abroad. If it's possible to remove having injuries in sports, many people will pray for it.

There's no way he can be back into playing football with the kind of injury he sustained unless he had access to highly advanced medical care like they have in UK or any other countries abroad. If it's possible to remove having injuries in sports, many people will pray for it.
Many young people has actually cut short their careers as a result of sports injury. No wonder those players are paid so well because if an accident could happen to them their careers are over and they would not have any other things to do..

Personally I have not been injury playing soccer except few cases I had brusies and other minor injuries that one usually have when playing soccer with other people.
But I know people who has suffered serious injury in sports..

Personally I have not been injury playing soccer except few cases I had brusies and other minor injuries that one usually have when playing soccer with other people.
But I know people who has suffered serious injury in sports..

Yeah, that's very correct. If you're in a match that's very physical, definitely you're getting pushed around a few times. You might even get a knock from being kicked hard. I have played in such matches a couple of times. I'm actually an aggressive player too.

There knocks that takes too long to heal. It just depends on what really happened. One of the football injuries that I happen to hate so much is grion and hamstring injury. I have had them twice. They are very painful.

There knocks that takes too long to heal. It just depends on what really happened. One of the football injuries that I happen to hate so much is grion and hamstring injury. I have had them twice. They are very painful.
Football injury usually takes a longer period to heal if you fail to treat them properly. I was lucky and fortunate I never had any form of injury when I was engaged in soccer as a game.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds