Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Error Establishing a Database Connection

brofist

Credits
I'm using WordPress and I'm currently having an error in connecting to one of my websites. I was able to log in to the admin dashboard without any problems. Then, all of a sudden, I found it very hard to visit the other parts of my site. Then there were several times when this notification (which was in bold letters) showed itself to me --> ERROR ESTABLISHING A DATABASE CONNECTION.

I can visit other websites with ease except for my website. Is this a problem of my web host service provider and not really my site?

Advertisement Placeholder
Just like the error states, Wordpress has troubles gathering information from your host - MySQL database to be exact. I would contact your host and try to troubleshoot this issue with them, if you're certain that you didn't screw with databases yourself.

Double check to confirm the database details in the wp-config file (I think it's that, haven't used WP actively in a while) are correct. Otherwise contact your host. They may have had downtime on their MySql server (if they have an offsite server), they may have switched to one or it may be an error in their server.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds