Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Equal pay for men and women, does your business do it?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Equality in the workforce is something that's a hot button issue today, and has been for years. Women are often said to make less than men in the same job. I don't know if this is true, because I imagine most businesses pay you based on your talent and shouldn't pay based on anything else.

If you run a business, do you pay the men and women the same amount for the same work done?

Advertisement Placeholder
Equality in the workforce is something that's a hot button issue today, and has been for years. Women are often said to make less than men in the same job. I don't know if this is true, because I imagine most businesses pay you based on your talent and shouldn't pay based on anything else.

If you run a business, do you pay the men and women the same amount for the same work done?
It's depends on the establishment which you are working with I think for now where I work both men and women have equal pay and I believe that if you discriminate on gender based on wages there may be some nagetive impact regards to this as some women discharge function better than nen

If you do exactly the same job as your male or female co-worker or hold the same position, you must receive the same salary, regardless of your gender, in my country this is a crime, that is, if you have the same position as your co-worker and one of the two charges less for being of a different gender, it is a crime with serious penalties.

I pay people based on merit and not on gender basis. if the person I have hired is highly qualified, I will be paying better and it does not matter whether he is a man or a woman. I think payment should be based on the worth of the person and not based on gender.

It's depends on the establishment which you are working with I think for now where I work both men and women have equal pay and I believe that if you discriminate on gender based on wages there may be some nagetive impact regards to this as some women discharge function better than nen
I think if both are doing the same work, same pay should be imposed.
If you do exactly the same job as your male or female co-worker or hold the same position, you must receive the same salary, regardless of your gender, in my country this is a crime, that is, if you have the same position as your co-worker and one of the two charges less for being of a different gender, it is a crime with serious penalties.
This! 👍
I pay people based on merit and not on gender basis. if the person I have hired is highly qualified, I will be paying better and it does not matter whether he is a man or a woman. I think payment should be based on the worth of the person and not based on gender.
Also this! 👍 I agree, people should be paid based off of their skill first and foremost. I'm all for equality in pay for the same exact work being done, but if I hire a professional and a novice at the same time, the professional will be paid more. But if that novice shows promise and skill, that pay will likely go up.

Which is why we need to consider tenure as well when hiring, because if someone has the history to back their talent, that also should be considered.

Payment of staffs should never be determined their sex. If we are doing the same thing at work, all of us should be entitled to the same payment amount. It's why we are working on different jobs which differs in terms of what you're expected to deliver that the pay should be different irrespective of sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
the professional will be paid more.
That's true, when paying staff experience, skills, and knowledge count. Interestingly certain genders are paid more in certain industries. For instance, women make more in the fashion industry, where as men make more in sports. The money is based on how these genders bring money to the businesses.

Absolutely, in my business, I prioritize equality and fair treatment. Regardless of gender, all employees who perform the same work receive equal pay for equal work. Paying based on talent and performance, rather than any other factor, is essential for promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment. Treating men and women equally not only ensures fairness but also fosters a positive and productive atmosphere where everyone can thrive based on their skills and contributions.

I think men and women should be paid according to their qualifications, work quality, and the hours they spend to complete the job. It would be unjustified to pay men and women based on their gender.

I think men and women should be paid according to their qualifications, work quality, and the hours they spend to complete the job. It would be unjustified to pay men and women based on their gender.
If I work in a company where men are paid less, I will resign and leave the job. I know ladies will do the same thing too.

You can't treat workers like their sex is inferior and expect them to stay being loyal.

I don't think that I have been in any kind of work environment where the salary of workers are determined by their sex because if something like that should happen, I don't think there will be any kind of unity and mutual relationship among all the workers that are employed to work in that particular company

Yes of course. There's always an equal pay for both men and women and this apply to almost if not all of the money making methods you can think of. As a freelancer, your clients want to know what value you can give them and not if you're a man or a woman.

I don't think that I have been in any kind of work environment where the salary of workers are determined by their sex because if something like that should happen, I don't think there will be any kind of unity and mutual relationship among all the workers that are employed to work in that particular company
It would also be illegal if sex was used in the hiring process.
That's true, when paying staff experience, skills, and knowledge count. Interestingly certain genders are paid more in certain industries. For instance, women make more in the fashion industry, where as men make more in sports. The money is based on how these genders bring money to the businesses.
I agree. There are just some jobs that men and women are better suited towards. I look at the pay gap mostly in men and women who are equally good at the same thing, work the same hours, etc. If those two people are paid the same for the work they do, than that's equality.

I do agree that there is a pay gap between men and women. While it is understandable when some jobs get paid more, or some genders get paid more for the kind of job they are doing, it is unfortunate that some companies favor men more when it comes to pay. It is a normal tendency to think that men are better at work.

I do agree that there is a pay gap between men and women. While it is understandable when some jobs get paid more, or some genders get paid more for the kind of job they are doing, it is unfortunate that some companies favor men more when it comes to pay. It is a normal tendency to think that men are better at work.
I don't think that this way of thinking is actually applicable in the online market. Here, everyone would be paid the same and the evidence of a job well done is the result or portfolio and not the supposed gender.

Yes of course. There's always an equal pay for both men and women and this apply to almost if not all of the money making methods you can think of. As a freelancer, your clients want to know what value you can give them and not if you're a man or a woman.
From the jobs I've worked on for my clients online, none of them have bothered to ask about my sex because my online freelancer name doesn't tell you if I'm a man or woman unless I tell you but they never cared to ask. It's why I'm convinced sex doesn't matter to them but the quality of your service. Whatever they agree to pay a man would be what they will pay a woman.

I don't think that this way of thinking is actually applicable in the online market. Here, everyone would be paid the same and the evidence of a job well done is the result or portfolio and not the supposed gender.
The question is related to equal pay in business. It does not specifically talk about online jobs. However, I believe when it comes to doing online jobs, there is no segregation between men and women. Most of the time, the employer does not even know whether the person who is doing your own is a man or woman because people use pseudo names to work online.

My business does not discriminate. There are equal pay for men and women who work the same job in the same department. Discrimination would bring bad blood among staff members..

It would also be illegal if sex was used in the hiring process.

I agree. There are just some jobs that men and women are better suited towards. I look at the pay gap mostly in men and women who are equally good at the same thing, work the same hours, etc. If those two people are paid the same for the work they do, than that's equality.

Whenever those who are employed are doing exactly the same thing in companies where they are hired, there is nothing that is going to justify paying them differently based on their sex. This is because the sex doesn't do the job but the personality of the person that is doing the job and also making sure that they are completing each and every task that have been assigned to them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds