Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Email on a free client.

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
I decided to save some space and server resources and simply use a free email site. Specifically: inbox.com. This will make everything easier as I don't have to bother with DNS stuff and can simply make a few edits for the emails to work.

Have you ever done this?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the first look of that site would make me turn away xD

I normaly just use my cpanel email and have a desktop client like live mail to have my emaisl delivered instantly. I also have a little small pop up in the corner of my screen when I get a new email.

I dont really even need to have an email client even downloaded with windows 8 if I would just go and set it up properly lol.

So to be more clear, is this inbox.com something like gmail or hotmail?

I think the first look of that site would make me turn away xD

I normaly just use my cpanel email and have a desktop client like live mail to have my emaisl delivered instantly. I also have a little small pop up in the corner of my screen when I get a new email.

I dont really even need to have an email client even downloaded with windows 8 if I would just go and set it up properly lol.

What I am doing is, forwarding all the emails from my cpanel webmails and configured a filter at the gmail end.
Also I have configured my gmail to send mails using gmails mail servers for my websites.

What I am doing is, forwarding all the emails from my cpanel

I do that for HolderHost.com and have for other websites. I have also used a desktop client. :)

Why do you have to use a free email client?
Does emails take too much space on servers?

Also if its free, won't there by some kind of limits?

It's a hell of a lot simpler, I don't have to bother with a mail client or using mx records. And if anything happens, the email is still there.

Limit is 5Gb.

Yeah it is.

I do that for HolderHost.com and have for other websites. I have also used a desktop client. :)

It's a hell of a lot simpler, I don't have to bother with a mail client or using mx records. And if anything happens, the email is still there.

Limit is 5Gb.

Well,You do know that cPanel usually does come with a webmail too right? go to yourdomain.com/webmail and login with your email and password and it works just as "easy". no configuration needed or editing of mx edtries. Just make the email set the password and that's it.

Well,You do know that cPanel usually does come with a webmail too right? go to yourdomain.com/webmail and login with your email and password and it works just as "easy". no configuration needed or editing of mx edtries. Just make the email set the password and that's it.

I'm sending mail using that for HH. :wink:

@Sam

It's pretty easy to have all your emails under one gmail account. With labels and stuff, you can easily organize all your stuff. Should check it out man. Depending on your settings, you can have the email deleted off the server once its imported into gmail. So, you can still save all dat space.

@Sam

It's pretty easy to have all your emails under one gmail account. With labels and stuff, you can easily organize all your stuff. Should check it out man. Depending on your settings, you can have the email deleted off the server once its imported into gmail. So, you can still save all dat space.

It's more about me being lazy and not working out how to set up mx entries. :(

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds