Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Electricity & Gas Bills, How do you save ?

Advertisement Placeholder
One thing I did this year was to make draft dodgers for every window in the house!! It helps to keep out any incoming air between the space where the window opens up and the draft dodger sits across the sill, tucked in tightly to that space. Here's hoping it works to keep the house warm this winter!!

I haven't installed solar panels but it's something that I would have to use sooner than I had planned. I'm currently making use of generator but with the rising price of fuel is making it harder. I will make inquires about solar.

I haven't done anything drastic, to be honest in terms of saving on my electric and gas. I have started using electric heaters instead of having my main central heating going which has helped. I turn off any devices I am not using at the main switch on the wall to help save electric and I ensure that my kids only use what they need and do not keep anything running when they are not using it or not needing it. It's definitely becoming difficult though and with another increase in the UK in April, I can only imagine how people will struggle.

We have the advantage that we live in the basement, we're pretty well insulated, we don't have that many gadgets (we're not phone users). We also don't have a TV or gaming console plugged in, we have a small fridge as there's only the two of us. We also have our laptops (all of them, both home and work) set up to charge to no more than 50% so the battery life is saved, which means they run lower power in general because they're not running the laptop + charging.

I'd have to check but I actually think the washer/dryer consumes more energy than the heating.

I'm in an extremely fortunate position that I haven't taken any measures at the moment, simply because I'm in quite a lot of credit for both my gas and electricity bills. I pay by Direct Debit, so if I'm not using near the amount I pay, my account just keeps increasing the credit. The government have given us payments every month to put towards our bills too, but I have just left it sitting in my bank account for the moment until I run my credit down and then I can apply them. My heating is on non-stop at the moment, I'd rather be comfortable in my own house than freezing and cold.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds