Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dressing richer than your boss?

Credits
My friend complained to me last two weeks about something she doesn't know how to take care of and manage it in a way she's not going to be in a serious problem with her boss. She said that her boss complained she was dressing like a rich person who is too big to work for the firm. He even questioned her how and when she bought most of her clothes she wear to work. According to her, she doesn't dress provocatively but she doesn't just understand the man's problem with her dressing.

How can she handle this situation?

Advertisement Placeholder
My friend complained to me last two weeks about something she doesn't know how to take care of and manage it in a way she's not going to be in a serious problem with her boss. She said that her boss complained she was dressing like a rich person who is too big to work for the firm. He even questioned her how and when she bought most of her clothes she wear to work. According to her, she doesn't dress provocatively but she doesn't just understand the man's problem with her dressing.

How can she handle this situation?

There are many bosses who may be a bit insecure about this. This is why they may think that you are being too "sophisticated". I think that this may be one of the biggest reasons why they may create dress code rules. This also happened in the workplace where I used to work.

Does your friends work have rules about what can and can't be worn in the workplace? If your friend is wearing clothes that is taking attention away from work, that could be a potential problem. It may be about jealousy, but if it's creating a problem, it could reflect back on the other workers.

Also though, I don't know what the clothes looked like. I would get it if she was wearing a dress that was meant for a club or wearing clothes meant for a wedding or something like that.

idk, just wear work clothes, that's my way of sorting it. :D

This is always a tough one as if there aren't any solid rules regarding dress code in the workplace, that could be her argument as to why she is wearing what she is wearing.

If there are rules for clothes in the workplace, that could be mentioned and she is breaching those rules.

I would think it's all about jealousy because I have seen most of her dress and they look perfectly good to be worn to work. A cloth that's good enough to be worn to church can never be bad for someone to wear to their workplaces.

Is possible to dress richer than your boss I don't know if it is physical attractive or attractive richer. In a physical Richer things you might be very might be very expensive but not attractive you know it's not going to be flashy, but, an attractive rich: you look attractive what you're wearing might not even be as expensive as how attractive you look in my country we call that PACKAGING.

Don't ever try to outshine your boss it's not the right thing but some boss dobt care about this you need to dress in appropriate manner

Don't ever try to outshine your boss it's not the right thing but some boss dobt care about this you need to dress in appropriate manner

I think that a great boss will always emphasise on the dress code and the way you dress in the workplace. You may need to dress in a much better manner, especially if you are a person who tends to deal with clients and customers.

I don't dress to impress people, I buy clothes that I can afford to wear. Therefore, I have never tried dressing richer than my boss or co-workers. However, I know people who try to dress richer in order to impress people. While you might impress a person first time with your dressing style, however, it is not possible tro impress them always woith your dress.

I had a boss who dressed very well since it was a job where people with a lot of money came, it was a luxury restaurant, so I also tried to dress well when I wasn't wearing my work uniform, I never tried to dress better than her or anything like that, besides, she didn't care if you were better dressed than her or not, since she highly prized good looks.

I had a boss who dressed very well since it was a job where people with a lot of money came, it was a luxury restaurant, so I also tried to dress well when I wasn't wearing my work uniform, I never tried to dress better than her or anything like that, besides, she didn't care if you were better dressed than her or not, since she highly prized good looks.

In many sophisticated places, they would always require you to dress "rich". This also happens in many workplaces and big companies where they have a specific policy when it comes to work places. So, it is quite common for many people to wear a specific kind of dress that may look "rich" or quite sophisticated.

Whatever I decide to do with the salary I'm being paid is my business and none of boss. I can decide to use all my salary down to the last cent to buy designers clothes which aren't against work wears policy. My boss haven't got any right to tell me not to wear expensive and good looking clothes.

One thing I noticed about really ruch people especially business men is that they don't really care about their fashion especially when they're going to work. They could dress casually because they own the business but you as an employee have to be on corporate or be in an official attire. That doesn't mean you're dressing richer than him.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds