Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Door to door salesmen

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Does anyone here work as a door to door salesman? I figure with the pandemic happening, it stopped a lot of people from going door to door. Which made me wonder, are door to door salesmen starting to pop up again? With covid restrictions relaxing, I can see more door to door sales again. I don't like dealing with salesmen or anyone coming to my door uninvited. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't really mind, this sales approach was more prevalent in the past, it is still employed by some companies today, particularly in certain industries like home improvement, telecommunications, and energy services.

Before the pandemic, I always remember getting so many door-to-door salesmen who would either be offering something or they would be trying to get you to change the company you were with for your gas and electricity.

It's now 2023 and I can't say I have had one at all since before the pandemic so it does seem that many stopped doing that and you may only get a few that still do it now that everything is relaxing.

This kind of marketing strategy is becoming really less common nowadays. However, I think that it may still be a great opportunity in many different countries. many companies and restaurants still use this marketing techniques. It all depends on the environment and circumstances.

I think this kind of thing can still work in certain locations but I know where I live, people do not welcome it at all. People just want to be left alone and don't like random people coming to their doors.

I think this kind of thing can still work in certain locations but I know where I live, people do not welcome it at all. People just want to be left alone and don't like random people coming to their doors.

Door to door marketing is far much more common and popular in populous and metropolis areas. It is far less common in rural areas in my country. This is why they tend to focus on specific kind of population when it comes to this kind of marketing strategy.

I have never done this kind of job and I have no desire to become a door to door sales man. I was once hired as a marketer. The job description did not say it required me to sell products door-to door, it only said the marketing manager. However, upon knowing that I was supposed to do door to door marketing, I gave up

Does anyone here work as a door to door salesman? I figure with the pandemic happening, it stopped a lot of people from going door to door. Which made me wonder, are door to door salesmen starting to pop up again? With covid restrictions relaxing, I can see more door to door sales again. I don't like dealing with salesmen or anyone coming to my door uninvited. What about you?

I have never worked as a door to door salesman ever since I started working. It's only on few jobs that I have worked as a salesperson but it's never on door to door basis. I don't think that I would ever accept to work as a door to door salesman because some people can really abused you on the job. A guy was racially abused in my neighbourhood when he was trying to sell a product to one family.

I have never worked as a door to door salesman ever since I started working. It's only on few jobs that I have worked as a salesperson but it's never on door to door basis. I don't think that I would ever accept to work as a door to door salesman because some people can really abused you on the job. A guy was racially abused in my neighbourhood when he was trying to sell a product to one family.

I have tried to work as a door to door salesman once. However, I stopped working as a salesman and started to work as a freelancer a couple of years ago. Being a salesman is not everyone's cup of tea. It requires hard work and dedication. You may need to have some experience and great skills in order to sell products. It is sad to read that a guy had to face such thing at work. Why didn't he launch a complaint against those people?

I have tried to work as a door to door salesman once. However, I stopped working as a salesman and started to work as a freelancer a couple of years ago. Being a salesman is not everyone's cup of tea. It requires hard work and dedication. You may need to have some experience and great skills in order to sell products. It is sad to read that a guy had to face such thing at work. Why didn't he launch a complaint against those people?

The level of stress that you face working as a door to door salesman is out of this world. It's like working as a marketer which will burn you out very quickly. I can never put myself in that kind of situation. As for the guy, there was nothing he could have done in that situation. He came and knocked on their door without being invited.

The level of stress that you face working as a door to door salesman is out of this world. It's like working as a marketer which will burn you out very quickly. I can never put myself in that kind of situation. As for the guy, there was nothing he could have done in that situation. He came and knocked on their door without being invited.

Yes, this is true. I once merely tried to work as a door to door salesman and it was a really bad experience. I have never worked as an official door to door salesman. It is a very tough job and you get rejected 99 percent of the times when you approach any kind of customer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds