Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Domain Flipping or Site Flipping?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
I'm starting to think that it is a lot easier to flip sites than domains- purely because:

a) People have something to look at and can see potential.
b) More domains are sold than sites, but more people are interested in buying established sites.
c) Buying something established means that you do not have to do any work...

So in saying that, I think I need to convert my three domains into proper websites!
Thoughts?? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I have been planning on this for quite a long time now.
My idea is like create a youtube downloader, get enough backlinks and steady traffic, then sell it!
From my past experiences I guess getting a steady traffic will not be a big issue.

I have been planning on this for quite a long time now.
My idea is like create a youtube downloader, get enough backlinks and steady traffic, then sell it!
From my past experiences I guess getting a steady traffic will not be a big issue.

Are they resource intensive??l :)

No, I happen to know a website which sells the script+server to handle the requests for 10USD per month.
So as for your question, the website will work just like a static html website. Their server will take care of all the resource intensive parts! :)

I have seen myself that flipping websites is more profitable than flipping domains. Especially if the website is generating ad revenue.

I can see this working, but I'd have more fun flipping communities. Swoop in, revive a derelict community and then pass it on to some lucky person.

What would your strategy be to revive something that is inactive??? I'm very interested in how people would try and do this! Postloop? What revives it the best?

What would your strategy be to revive something that is inactive??? I'm very interested in how people would try and do this! Postloop? What revives it the best?

A lot of it has to do with showing an overt interest in revitalizing the community, making improvements, posting a fair amount and demonstrating that you're there to stay. However, it's not an overnight process. This is something you'd have to enjoy doing in it's own right.

I'm helping rebuild Time Travel Institute right now and I'm having a blast.

A lot of it has to do with showing an overt interest in revitalizing the community, making improvements, posting a fair amount and demonstrating that you're there to stay. However, it's not an overnight process. This is something you'd have to enjoy doing in it's own right.

I'm helping rebuild Time Travel Institute right now and I'm having a blast.

I'd have to imagine that rebuilding a forum is very very difficult.... It wouldn't be something I would attempt right now because I wouldn't have enough time to devote to the cause. :) But it's cool that you're having a lot of fun doing it!

I'd have to imagine that rebuilding a forum is very very difficult.... It wouldn't be something I would attempt right now because I wouldn't have enough time to devote to the cause. :) But it's cool that you're having a lot of fun doing it!

It really is, and there's quite a few times when you feel like you're not having an impact. But then you wake up the next morning, there's 6 new posts on what was once a dying community and you realize your efforts are having an effect :)

I've been planning to do this, but I sort of find myself unable to give a hundred percent work on a site that i know I'll just be selling in the end for some reason :(.

Did this a couple of times, didn't earn to much, I mean I got a decent deal on them, but the effort wasn't worth it...

I should probably flip my domain because it does not have any of my keywords in it! If I had freegadgets.com it would probably make life a bit easier!

Would be a good idea, as you will get more for the site. However, it's not something you should do all the time. If you have pro domains, people will buy them quickly, no need to spend your time making a full site for it too ;)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds