Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your business use outdated tech and equipment still?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Does your business use any outdated tech or equipment still? I remember when there was a video rental store in my area, they had this really old PC, that was like nearly 10-20 years old at the time. They used it to track their orders, user accounts, etc. But recently I was reminiscing about the old store, as it closed down 5-10 years ago. Aside from that, I know some companies use machinery and tech from back in the 90s, 80s, or even later. I know some factories use machines that are from the 90s and use PCs from the 90s to run.

So, does anyone here run a business that still utilizes old tech and equipment? I mean if it still does the job, why get something new?

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not use any outdated tech for my business. My laptop is 3 years old and my phone is 4 years old. While a lot of people might say I am using outdated products, I feel that I am still up to date when it comes to using tech products.

Well, I can accept it as we have some Desktop and laptops in our work place which still carries an old version of windows and that is windows 7.

This is due to personal perspective though, as a staff there, you have the right to choose which version of software will be convenient for deliver services effectively and efficiently. And it turns out some workers are really conversant to the windows 7 and prefer their system shouldn't be the latest version neither should it be updated. 🙅

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds