Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your business still use fax machines?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you run a traditional business, like in an office, do you still have fax machines? If so, do you still use them? I know my local doctors office is still using fax machines, but they were having problems with it. It made me wonder how fax machines have stayed around for a long time. Are they still widely used?

Advertisement Placeholder
If you run a traditional business, like in an office, do you still have fax machines? If so, do you still use them? I know my local doctors office is still using fax machines, but they were having problems with it. It made me wonder how fax machines have stayed around for a long time. Are they still widely used?

There might be a few businesses that may still be using fax machines in case if they need to send a document that requires them to fax it. Alternatively, many businesses also send mails and the other party scans the document, so there are alternative options available.

I still know a few businesses around the area that I live that used fax machines but for the most part, many of them have now taken to things such as emails over fax machines and no longer have anything like that.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a fax machine being used if I am honest but I know it was a long time ago.

When I started doing business, email was already a popular means of communication, sending a scammed document as an email attachment was cheaper and better than using a fax machines, therefore, I never used it.

My business is actually an online business so I really don't see the need for it but based on what I see these days, I don't think that's actually a thing around here. It would really be difficult to even have to see one.

Fax machine is a thing of the old but there are some businesses which are still using it because it's convenient and conventional to their business. Businesses which still want to use fax are using fax servers. I don't use it for my business because it's obsolete for my business.

Fax machine is a thing of the old but there are some businesses which are still using it because it's convenient and conventional to their business. Businesses which still want to use fax are using fax servers. I don't use it for my business because it's obsolete for my business.

There are many businesses that may need a hard copy of the documents. This may be possible only if they get the document delivered to the business or at the relevant place. In such kind of cases, fax machine may be required. This is why fax machines are still used in many places till this day.

There are many businesses that may need a hard copy of the documents. This may be possible only if they get the document delivered to the business or at the relevant place. In such kind of cases, fax machine may be required. This is why fax machines are still used in many places till this day.
What are printers for? Any kind of documents you want print in hardcopies can be printed with a printer. They can be printed in black and white or colored. Fax machine wouldn't work in my modern business now.

There was never a time when I made use of fax machine in my business because there is no need for me to use them in my business. I make use of smartphone and also laptop when it comes to accessing the internet and also sending any kind of business messages to my client. There is no need for me to make use of fax machine. I don't operate office business, if so, I might have used it.

What are printers for? Any kind of documents you want print in hardcopies can be printed with a printer. They can be printed in black and white or colored. Fax machine wouldn't work in my modern business now.

There are still many local businesses in here that are using fax machines because they may need to send documents. They may not have enough time to visit the courier company in order to get the documents delivered. Many offices may have fax machines rather than having printers, so emailing the documents may not be an option.

I know very well that there is a situation whereby some companies might still have need of those fax machine but I see it as something that doesn't really make any sense today with the level of technology that we have today. This is because any company that still makes it so fax machine can actually upgrade to make use of printers for doing the same thing.

I know very well that there is a situation whereby some companies might still have need of those fax machine but I see it as something that doesn't really make any sense today with the level of technology that we have today. This is because any company that still makes it so fax machine can actually upgrade to make use of printers for doing the same thing.
This is very true. Due to things such as emails now being available, most of what people need to send now for someone to receive can be done that way and then it can be printed out using a printer which many companies and businesses now have.

Fax machines were something that most companies and businesses used before emails became more popular.

This is very true. Due to things such as emails now being available, most of what people need to send now for someone to receive can be done that way and then it can be printed out using a printer which many companies and businesses now have.

Fax machines were something that most companies and businesses used before emails became more popular.

Exactly! As far as I'm concerned, fax machines should have been phased out completely by now. There's no relevance to it now with so many other better tech which can be used to replace it. There are cases when those fax machines will malfunction and you will end up not getting the documents you're supposed to.

Exactly! As far as I'm concerned, fax machines should have been phased out completely by now. There's no relevance to it now with so many other better tech which can be used to replace it. There are cases when those fax machines will malfunction and you will end up not getting the documents you're supposed to.

What many people forget is the fact that faxing is still much safer method of sending the documents. It is much safer as compared to sending documents over the internet as hackers can still steal information. This is why so many businesses will still use fax machines in the upcoming years as well.

What many people forget is the fact that faxing is still much safer method of sending the documents. It is much safer as compared to sending documents over the internet as hackers can still steal information. This is why so many businesses will still use fax machines in the upcoming years as well.

Who told you fax machine can't be hacked? Information thieves know how to pull data from old fax machines or discarded printing cartridges.

You need to read this article and learn what you don't know if it comes to fax machine being hacked.

The technical challenges of using a fax machine today is the main reason why most businesses no longer consider using it for their information sending and receiving. I wouldn't use it at all because they can malfunction when it's very important to have the information being sent. Also, they are constantly run maintenance on to keep them in good working condition.

Who told you fax machine can't be hacked? Information thieves know how to pull data from old fax machines or discarded printing cartridges.

You need to read this article and learn what you don't know if it comes to fax machine being hacked.

This is a very interesting piece of information. I never knew how they can successfully hack a fax machine. I just learnt something new from reading the article.

The technical challenges of using a fax machine today is the main reason why most businesses no longer consider using it for their information sending and receiving. I wouldn't use it at all because they can malfunction when it's very important to have the information being sent. Also, they are constantly run maintenance on to keep them in good working condition.

This is a very interesting piece of information. I never knew how they can successfully hack a fax machine. I just learnt something new from reading the article.
Businesses which are using fax machine have failed to upgrade to the trend in technology used in business activities and they will lag behind in so many things they are supposed to have been improved on. Information transmissions will be delayed frequently.

My bad! I read it somewhere that fax machines are harder to hack comparatively to mainstream mailing systems. I never knew that they are not entirely safe. Having said that, it seems like nothing is safe nowadays. If major cryptocurrency exchanges could be hacked, then fax machines could also be hacked as well.

My bad! I read it somewhere that fax machines are harder to hack comparatively to mainstream mailing systems. I never knew that they are not entirely safe. Having said that, it seems like nothing is safe nowadays. If major cryptocurrency exchanges could be hacked, then fax machines could also be hacked as well.
With my years of using different kinds of tech and machine, I've understood every tech have a break in for those who knows how to look for a doorway. There's nothing like a 100% fail proof tech. Hackers are on different levels.

With my years of using different kinds of tech and machine, I've understood every tech have a break in for those who knows how to look for a doorway. There's nothing like a 100% fail proof tech. Hackers are on different levels.

Well, it seems like using any kind of device is not that safe at all. Hackers are everywhere and it seems like they gain access to much of the data of a person. I have never thought about a fax machine getting hacked and this is the first time I have actually read about it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds