Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does Adblock get paid to whitelist some ads?

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
Credits
As we all know, there comes times, where adblock gets really useless and keeps allowing pop-ups to appear and you can even see some ads on the sides of websites, even with the existence of adblock installation in your web browser.
Do you think that Adblock gets paid to do that?

Advertisement Placeholder
As we all know, there comes times, where adblock gets really useless and keeps allowing pop-ups to appear and you can even see some ads on the sides of websites, even with the existence of adblock installation in your web browser.
This is a very good point, and I have noticed that this does happen on many of the sites even when the AdBlock is active. I think there are two scenarios. Either they are getting paid for what they are doing or the alternative is that the ads are using a different algorithm that the AdBlock is not able to detect and therefore it cannot block it.

If it's a tested and trusted wallet, I will say it's worth using but if it's not. One has to be wise... Because I've noticed that these days there are a lot of websites parading themselves as Cryptocurrency investments platform or trading platform.
are you sure you are posting in the right topic ? because i don't think you are, read the post before replying to it please ....

This is a very good point, and I have noticed that this does happen on many of the sites even when the AdBlock is active. I think there are two scenarios. Either they are getting paid for what they are doing or the alternative is that the ads are using a different algorithm that the AdBlock is not able to detect and therefore it cannot block it.
i thought of this as well, maybe those pop-up advertising companies figured out how can those adblocks be bypassed, because sometimes not only google ads appear, but also some other weird pop-ups too

i thought of this as well, maybe those pop-up advertising companies figured out how can those adblocks be bypassed, because sometimes not only google ads appear, but also some other weird pop-ups too
I think that to a large extent the ads that are displayed don a website will be updated on a regular basis in order to try and bypass these AdBlock because at the end for the day this is how those sites are actually able to get their revenue from the web page that they have created and so it is natural that they are trying to do so.

Yes, this has happened to me too. I used to open some websites but advertisements were opened there and ad blocker extension was also done. Ad blocker must take money to whitelist these ads.By the way, this is not confirmed by any source, but we can only guess

No, l don't think adblockers get paid for that. Now most sites get their revenue through ads and because of this they developed an anti-adblocking system for their sites. When a site is developed based on anti-adblocking system, you can't use these browser adblockers to block ads from such sites and that is the reason why you sometimes still have to view annoying ads even though your browser is made of adblocker.

I am a webmaster, I have over a dozen websites. I use ads on my website. Since I earn via ads, I don't use ad blocks. I often get this impression that the ad blocks get paid to whitelist certain as network. If they don't earn money in this way, how could the free as blocks survive.

in my own opinion I think that the reason why sometimes adverts keep being displayed despite the installation or the availability of ad block on your web browser is because some of these website do pay ad blocker to keep some of their advert running.

In its entirety I do not think that some people do pay ad block developers to make some ads pop up. I think that what happens is that those sites modify those ads to make the ad blocker unable to flag it as an ad so it won't block it eventually.

No adblocker is not paying. The main reason for adblocker is to block ads from showing on websites from the user's browser.

This is a very interesting question that is worth discussing as it is very surprising still seeing ads even after setting browser to block them. It is really confusing where the compromise is coming from. Whether from the browse itself or the owners of ads. Personally, I can't say exactly what happens as I will not have any proof to backup my points.

I don't know but I see the possibility of ad blocker charging money to whitelist ads for its partner. For example Brave blocks ads, but Brave also sends its partner ads which are also very annoying.

I'm not sure they get paid. What I think is that each browser comes with its own adblock to ensure that users have a smooth browsing experience.
So I think it's because of each browser's configuration.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds