Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do your staff promote?

Even if they are volunteers, if they actually want to help the forum, they should be obligated to promote

Well...that's a bit of a grey area. If they're volunteers then it's hard to "make" them do much of anything because there's nothing to penalize them with if they DON'T do it.

Advertisement Placeholder
No, my staff don't promote. I don't ask them to, and I don't expect them to. If they promote, then they'll get a cookie from me and some lovin...but that's about it :p
If I wanted staff to promote I would hire promoters haha ;)

No, my staff don't promote. I don't ask them to, and I don't expect them to. If they promote, then they'll get a cookie from me and some lovin...but that's about it :p
If I wanted staff to promote I would hire promoters haha ;)
Promoters have got to be the worst position to hire, lol. I have never seen anybody get one that actually got the job done for less than 20$ xD

The thing is that i think it would be hard to keep track of promoters if was to hire them.
Like if i hire 2 promoters & yes i would know that they are working if my stats started improving.
But how would i know if it is promoter A thats doing all the work, or promoter B?
or even if it was something i done?

My staff do yes :) they don't promote as much as what I do but they do enough to get my forum noticed which I feel is more than enough. Much of what they do to help promote the forum is via word of mouth, using the social networking buttons that are on the forum and also using their social networking accounts to let friends know on there.

My staff do yes :) they don't promote as much as what I do but they do enough to get my forum noticed which I feel is more than enough. Much of what they do to help promote the forum is via word of mouth, using the social networking buttons that are on the forum and also using their social networking accounts to let friends know on there.

I must say I do see your staff around a lot talking about your site, especially Naiwen. I'm sure thats a great thing to have your staff team actually promoting because it is something I rarely see of peoples staff teams!

In my experience when I last worked at NGG, we just went our own ways in terms of advertising; signatures, SOTM, word of mouth etc
The forum owner Choloboy would do PostLoop and buy advertising space etc

Well the staff's job is to monitor and help the site. However, it should be normal for a staff to help promote. But I haven't noticed it being an expectation ever. I think staff should promote though, just to help out the forum/site they are working at!

Staff that promote are awesome. I'd love people to just promote for me, but I don't know what incentive I'd provide them...
Because to convince someone to spend forum cash on sites, and put up ads without any forum cash funding from my part might be hard.

Way back I use to do nearly all of the advertising. The staff were strictly at the forum only for work and play and never took it outside to promote it. If I were to make a forum again I would need someone to help me out, I can't do it all by myself. :'(

I personally think it's rare for moderators to promote, at least that's what I've found in my experience. At the end of the day, that isn't really their job though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds