Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your managers have their own employees or staff?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do some companies allow managers and supervisors to have and hire their own employees/staff? Or is everything dealt by the owner/main boss? I am just curious because I've seen businesses with teams and it looks like groups of people being bossed around by one or two people each. Is that a thing?

Advertisement Placeholder
Do some companies allow managers and supervisors to have and hire their own employees/staff? Or is everything dealt by the owner/main boss? I am just curious because I've seen businesses with teams and it looks like groups of people being bossed around by one or two people each. Is that a thing?

Well, there are managers who may divide the workforce in any kind of setting. This may depend entirely on the kind of job or the nature of the business. Certain people interact with each other on daily basis, even though they may be working in different departments. They are also employees of the same manager whom you work for.

Well, there are managers who may divide the workforce in any kind of setting. This may depend entirely on the kind of job or the nature of the business. Certain people interact with each other on daily basis, even though they may be working in different departments. They are also employees of the same manager whom you work for.

The manager have to manage the entire workforce and it's his sole duty to use them effectively to achieve the company's goals and objectives. It's why hiring a manager who's good in management is very important for any business or company.

In my last job, my boss did not have a personal assistant. All staff members were supposed to report directly to him. However, in my capacity as a manager, I did have my own staff, I has two assistants to help me with my work.

My boss hire everyone who works in the company. There's an appointed/delegated HR team which he heads. They are assigned the work to hire workers. They will delegate workers to department where they are needed. No manager or supervisor have the power to hire their own staff.

Everything is handled by the boss at my workplace. There is no point trying to get involved in how the recruitment process is done as that will mean crossing the boundary. Just let the boss be in control and handle things. If you need a personal assistant, he will get one for you.

My boss hire everyone who works in the company. There's an appointed/delegated HR team which he heads. They are assigned the work to hire workers. They will delegate workers to department where they are needed. No manager or supervisor have the power to hire their own staff.

There are many managers who may have their own personal secretaries and assistants who may assist him in a personal manner when it comes to business. This is why such assistants may hold a higher position than other employees because they directly deal with the manager.

Everything is handled by the boss at my workplace. There is no point trying to get involved in how the recruitment process is done as that will mean crossing the boundary. Just let the boss be in control and handle things. If you need a personal assistant, he will get one for you.

The reason why some people who own their businesses make the decision to be in charge of hiring everyone is to put them in control of who comes into their business. Some workers have that potential of getting those who are loyal to them instead of the business owner.

If the boss isn't involved in the recruitment process of his own workers, it looks weired. If the workers hired are not performing, he shouldn't blame anyone for his negligence. The right workers are very important in any business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds