Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you use newsletters?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Within your community, do you use newsletters to keep your community up to date with what's going on? How do you get your community to sign up for the newsletters in the first place?

Advertisement Placeholder
Within your community, do you use newsletters to keep your community up to date with what's going on?

I try to send out a newsletter only whenever something big occurs. So maybe once every 3 months or so xD
I find members get annoyed when they get so many emails from you :(

How do you get your community to sign up for the newsletters in the first place?
For forums, they are normally already part of newsletter after first registering. They have to opt out after or go to their account settings right away to change it.

I've used newsletters before, and I haven't found them to be particularly effective. I think that if you want to have a truly effective newsletter, it needs to be concise, and well designed; otherwise, it's going straight to the trash.

Everytime my forum dies I used to send a newsletter saying how it's back and better than before. It never works though cause no body checks their email anymore these days.

I use my PromotionBoss newsletter a whole lot.

It can help a lot to keep your members engaged with the forum.

I do not really have a big community, so I do not currently send out newsletters. But once I have a bigger community, I will probably send out newsletters.

It is recommended to create newsletter and send them to users who opt-in since you start your business. It happens that i forget the URL of a forum i registered on... If a newsletter is sent to me or a mail when my threads get replies, it help me back to that site. I imagine other people in the same situation; but i give opportunities to opt out.

Newsletter is crucial to keep an activity running! If you do not reward your users to keep active, nothing better than newsletter to let them know that there's interesting stuffs that need to be viewed.

By example, if a forum software don't allow me to send news to posters, i will not choose it to build my computer with.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds