Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do You Use A Live Chat Plugin For Your Forum?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
A live chat pluhin can help you chat with your customers in many different ways. You do not need to run an e-commerce store in order to install such kind of plugin. You can also install such kind of plugin on your forum as well. The fact of the matter remains that there are a few forums where such kind of plugins are used. The visitors could directly interact with the administration in many cases. So, do you think that it is a great idea to use such kind of plugins for your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
Of course. Live chat is a great thing to add to any site/forum, as there is always someone out there wanting to chat it up. Each forum I went to, people used the live chat features. And if you can make it a small area on your site, it should be fine.

I want all discussions to be on the main forums, I do not like the idea of members chatting through chat boxes. Therefore, I have not installed a live chat mod for my forums. Unless there is something private, I even do not encourage my members to send private messages. Forums are discussion boards and all discussions should be publicly visible.

Using a live chat plugin on your forum can be a great idea as it provides a direct and instant way for visitors to interact with the administration or support team. It offers real-time communication and can help in resolving queries, providing assistance, and enhancing user engagement. Live chat plugins can improve the overall user experience on the forum by offering prompt responses and personalized assistance.

Is this a free add on you can put on your forum? What kinds of glitches happen?

I've seen one on a forum but didn't use it and the owner was having a really fun time with it. I guess he didn't need any other members when he had that to talk to.

Personally for me, as long as there is nothing you are selling on your website, I don't see a reason why you should have to waste your resources on a live chat plugin because what is the essence of someone chatting you up just to have a conversation over something they can discuss on your forum board.

Nowadays there are many websites that have a live chat, it can be for the community to communicate or to communicate with support, I see it quite effective, but really only on those web pages where it can be useful, as some other members say, for example if you are offering services or selling something.

Nowadays there are many websites that have a live chat, it can be for the community to communicate or to communicate with support, I see it quite effective, but really only on those web pages where it can be useful, as some other members say, for example if you are offering services or selling something.

As far as I'm concerned it is always going to be helpful whenever you are offering a service or selling something on your website. This is because that will be the deciding factor in holding down any customer who is trying to make enquiries whenever there is a live chat for them to ask some questions, otherwise it is not relevant.

I don't think making use of this live chat plugin in one's forum is very much relevant as long as you are not selling any kind of products on the website, so that you will use it to hold down a customer who is interested in buying something whenever you are not online.

I think there was a time when Bizdustry also had a chat plugin as well. This allowed the guests to interact with the owners of the forum. I think that having a chat plugin could help guest find relevant information about the forum such as pay rates, policies, and many other things.

I think there was a time when Bizdustry also had a chat plugin as well. This allowed the guests to interact with the owners of the forum. I think that having a chat plugin could help guest find relevant information about the forum such as pay rates, policies, and many other things.

There was a way to disable the chat plugin from one's account preference. I had similar experience on one forum where it was its Discord channel icon that keeps popping up whenever you login. I found it very annoying and had to turn it off.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds