Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think the education system could be improved in America or your country?

Credits
If so, why? I think here in the USA we do need it improved. I'd like to see more funding in special education as someone who went through it. I'd like to see teachers and teacher's aides get paid more than they do.

Advertisement Placeholder
They need to cool it on the math and make algebra and geometry optional in high schools. There's a ton of jobs out there that don't ever rely on it. It's one thing if you plan on being a computer programmer, an architect, or to go off and join NASA but other than those things......no.

They need to cool it on the math and make algebra and geometry optional in high schools. There's a ton of jobs out there that don't ever rely on it. It's one thing if you plan on being a computer programmer, an architect, or to go off and join NASA but other than those things......no.
Yes!! Math does need to be simmered down in school. I hated math as a kid though... I agree with algebra and geometry being optional in high school. I am so glad I was in a SPED school and they didn't make us do any of that. We had a 'final' or 'mid term' iirc, but it has been so long i dunno. I think more computer classes and all would be great for students in high school or junior high. Start having them learn tech and all at a decent age versus being 4-5 with a phone or tablet.

I do not see most professions require algebra.

Do agree with algebra needing to just be nixed from school, especially high school. I never understood it for college either, really. As for more info I feel kids should start later for younger kids.

Yes!! Math does need to be simmered down in school. I hated math as a kid though... I agree with algebra and geometry being optional in high school. I am so glad I was in a SPED school and they didn't make us do any of that. We had a 'final' or 'mid term' iirc, but it has been so long i dunno. I think more computer classes and all would be great for students in high school or junior high. Start having them learn tech and all at a decent age versus being 4-5 with a phone or tablet.

I do not see most professions require algebra.

They were really anal about math when I was in high school. They were requiring us to take pre-algebra, Pre-calculus, Algebra 1, and Algebra 2. I hated it. It was too much.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds