Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you still have toys and stuff you had as a kid?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Growing up we kids tend to get a lot of toys. At least I did when I was a kid. I remember getting Batman figures, and wrestling figures growing up, and a lot of other such toys. I loved action figures as a kid, and had an active imagination when it came to playing with toys. I still have some of the toys I had growing up in a box somewhere, and some I store in my bedroom on a shelf. I've been thinking of going through my stuff and adding more to my shelf. Do you guys like to go re-collect your old toys and games?

Advertisement Placeholder
I did have a huge collection of toys which I was not willing to part with but I donated all my childhood toys to an orphanage. I felt some kid could be happy playing with it rather than it collecting dust in my attic.

I did have a huge collection of toys which I was not willing to part with but I donated all my childhood toys to an orphanage. I felt some kid could be happy playing with it rather than it collecting dust in my attic.

I didn't have lots of toys growing up as the opportunity that I had was playing in the sand with my friends then. We built houses with sand and played other types of interesting games that have to do with sand. So, the little toys that I had spoiled and were discarded before I fully turn 18.

I had lots of toys when I was growing up. Most of my toys were cars and helicopter. I love those kinds of toys. My first helicopter toy was wrecked because I had it fly over the balcony and it crashed and burned. There was no way it could have been repaired. I cried my hearts out that very night over the helicopter.

I still have most of the toys I grew up with in my parents' house, I have not thrown any, the ones I threw away were because they were damaged, it makes no sense to throw away some objects with which I had such a good time, I grew and learned, in fact, every time I look at them they bring me memories.

I have actually given away most of toys used as a kid. I have lots of cousins that always come over and there's no way I would keep most of those toys when I know very well that they would be needing them to play with. Also, I'm no longer making use of them, so it's right to give them away.

I always remember growing up, I had a massive selection of toys in my bedroom and a playroom my brothers and I had.

I can't say that I still have any of the toys that I used to have as a kid anymore, the only thing I do still have is a teddy bear my Grandad got me when I was born which I still have upstairs kept safe. My grandad passed when I was two years old so it is something I have always kept.

I still have most of the toys I grew up with in my parents' house, I have not thrown any, the ones I threw away were because they were damaged, it makes no sense to throw away some objects with which I had such a good time, I grew and learned, in fact, every time I look at them they bring me memories.

Those toys are definitely big memory connection. It's why some people find it very difficult to give away their toys for any reason whatsoever. They are too attached to them for a very good reason. Those toys are what made their childhood memories so good. Parting with it is like taking away part of their soul.

I didn't really have too many toys but I remember I played a lot of games that children aren't playing now. Even though I got few toys like this Tiny Spiderman, Superman, Batman and others. I don't think I have any toy I had as a kid because most of it was stolen and some got lost due to the way I handled them

No. I don't own a single thing that I had from my childhood or from my teen years. All that stuff either got thrown away or donated over the years.

Those toys are definitely big memory connection. It's why some people find it very difficult to give away their toys for any reason whatsoever. They are too attached to them for a very good reason. Those toys are what made their childhood memories so good. Parting with it is like taking away part of their soul.
Exactly, it does not make sense to throw them away or give them away, they do not take up much space and they are objects that connect directly with my childhood, there are so many beautiful memories in them, that for me it would be as if I were throwing away a part of me, toys are some of the first objects with which you interact and I think that a lot of learning comes from interacting with them.

I do not have anything from my childhood. As we moved houses, most of my toys and other memorabilia were lost. I am a collector and I don't throw away things, even if they are of no immediate use, however, because of storage and things like that it is not possible to continue saving these items

Exactly, it does not make sense to throw them away or give them away, they do not take up much space and they are objects that connect directly with my childhood, there are so many beautiful memories in them, that for me it would be as if I were throwing away a part of me, toys are some of the first objects with which you interact and I think that a lot of learning comes from interacting with them.

I completely agree with you on this one, they are priceless items that shouldn't be thrown away. I can actually under giving some of them away to your blood relatives and not just random people. I know that some people donate their toys to charity, I don't buy that idea for any reason whatsoever.

I have plenty of toys and old stuff since the childhood period, I keep them for the memories and for the nostalgia. Such things remind you of happy memories of the best time in life childhood!! who doesn't miss it? who doesn't love it? :D its the most chill time with no responsibilites no drama no chaos just you your family and your naiveness.
I used to play a lot as a kid I was one of the gameplay fans I played with toys such as autobots, cars, gummy balls and more exhilarating stuff.
My parents to this day ask me "Why aren't you throwing it away?" and I literally can't haha.

I do not have anything from my childhood. As we moved houses, most of my toys and other memorabilia were lost. I am a collector and I don't throw away things, even if they are of no immediate use, however, because of storage and things like that it is not possible to continue saving these items

Whenever your family is in the habit of moving so much when you're younger, it is always going to be the reality of the day that most of your toys are going to be left over from one place to another. Before you know what is going on, you are practically going to lose everything. I know a lot of people that have been in this kind of situation and it's very heartbreaking.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds